Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:57:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wealth inequality, quantified

Started by Ferris, June 09, 2021, 03:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Focused on the US, but I found this a very simple and powerful infographic and rather than shoe-horn it into another conversation I thought I'd start a new thread.

https://mkorostoff.github.io/1-pixel-wealth/?fbclid=IwAR1T0HekXC6hMeycpn-pftIrpnSUTTTbnOti4iwAf7BSzdZNKZ3YCvh2rFc

bgmnts

It is incredible to think that he alone could probably solve almost any problem ever by distributing his immense wealth rightfully back to society and to his workers.

But people claiming three hundred quid a month are the real scroungers like.

Video Game Fan 2000

Yet more evidence that politics focuses too much economics and not nearly enough to cultural issues, especially those related to anglophone pop culture.

Ferris

Quote from: bgmnts on June 09, 2021, 05:04:45 PM
It is incredible to think that he alone could probably solve almost any problem ever by distributing his immense wealth rightfully back to society and to his workers.

But people claiming three hundred quid a month are the real scroungers like.

If you manage to scroll past JB, there's a lot more there.

It's interesting stuff, but I'd never seen a comparison like that before. Some of the points are a bit trite, but the underlying arguments are sound.

Bernice

I picked a bad day to restart my Prime subscription so I could watch Seinfeld without adverts.

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on June 09, 2021, 05:40:46 PM
Yet more evidence that politics focuses too much economics and not nearly enough to cultural issues, especially those related to anglophone pop culture.

Hey, look! I squared the circle!

shagatha crustie

Earned it though hasn't he fair play

katzenjammer

Quote from: shagatha crustie on June 10, 2021, 08:00:11 AM
Earned it though hasn't he fair play

He's created millions of jobs for people.
It's his money, he can do what he wants with it.
It's not his fault he pays almost no tax, it's the government's for not closing tax loopholes.

etc etc

Ferris

I see he claimed the tax credit for working parents so the US federal government gave him $4k to help raise his child lmao.