Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,211
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 06:12:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ben Roberts dies

Started by Fambo Number Mive, June 09, 2021, 04:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Best known for playing the grumpy Chief Inspector Conway in The Bill between 1987 and 2002, Ben Roberts has died aged 70.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57417179

I remember when Conway was obsessed with finding out the source of drink in the station and ended up looking through Inspector Frazer's filing cabinets. Frazer then told him "I keep a change of underwear in that one, sir". Conway was often the source of comedy and Roberts was brilliant at portraying him, in particular his relationship with Brownlow.

Apologies if this better suited in Picture Box.

Jim_MacLaine

I wonder[nb]in the hope that someone may tell me[/nb] where the tradition of the agent/manager announcing an actor's death comes from.

pigamus

It comes from them being dead usually

Fambo Number Mive

I don't know anything about acting or being an agent, but I presume the agent would know who to contact in the media to let them know, and would be able to pull together quickly any information needed for the story.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: pigamus on June 09, 2021, 04:31:16 PM
It comes from them being dead usually

Except that time the manager got it wrong on someone in the last year. Some lady, I think.

DrGreggles

Thought this was about the old Middlesboro keeper, but that might not even be his name.

Glebe