Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:52:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Where a greatest hits album is enough

Started by Famous Mortimer, June 09, 2021, 10:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rue the polywhirl

Human League - a band where their greatest hit is enough. Don't You Want Me Baby? Just the ticket, don't really need to hear any more.

Carpenters - Fantastic singles act and generally good album act with lots of decent deep cuts.

ABBA - Gold is just the ticket. Don't need anymore.

sutin

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on July 04, 2021, 02:26:07 PM
Human League - a band where their greatest hit is enough. Don't You Want Me Baby? Just the ticket, don't really need to hear any more.

The first two brilliant Human League LPs want a word.

the science eel

excuse me?

Dare! would like a fucking word

Egyptian Feast

I couldn't do a Human League greatest hits. I gave one a listen and it had nowhere near enough from the first three brilliant albums & way too much from the later years. I don't mind a couple of the post-Dare! singles, but for me, only those 3 LPs and 'Electric Dreams' are essential.

DrGreggles

Egyptian Feast

Definitely. The only way the greatest hits could contend with Dare! is if they stuck the whole thing on there, but the album would still have the advantage because it doesn't have 'Tell Me When' on it.

Famous Mortimer

Oingo Boingo (re: the current thread)

Spiteface

Been able to just switch off and listen to music quite a bit in work of late. Had an urge to listen to some HIM, a band I was for some reason fucking obsessed with in the mid-2000s, and in fact, have all their albums, bar the last one, although the couple before that weren't ones I actively bought either.

Anyway, the conclusion I reached is that the 2004 compilation "And Love Said No" has pretty much most of their best songs on it. And "Gone With The Sin" which people like for some reason but I hate.