Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:17:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Prefer not to hear about Father’s Day?

Started by touchingcloth, June 10, 2021, 12:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Prefer not to hear about Father's Day?

No problem.

Opting out is simple.

Father's Day can be a difficult time, so if you'd rather not receive emails about it, we understand. Just hit the button below and we'll make sure we don't send you any reminders.

Opt out of Father's Day.

Cheers,
Deliveroo

Weirdest email I've ever received, and I've had some emails.

bgmnts

I got the same one and I still have no idea what it means.

JesusAndYourBush

Subject: Want to opt out of Father's Day emails?

We understand that not everyone is interested in celebrating Father's
Day. So we want to give you the chance to opt out of receiving
Father's Day messaging in emails from Etsy. To remove these
messages from your emails (but still get all of our other great
content), simply let us know below.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: bgmnts on June 10, 2021, 12:10:09 AM
I got the same one and I still have no idea what it means.
It means if you're estranged from your dad, or your dad's dead, or you're a dad estranged from your kids, or you're a dad with dead kids, hit the button and you won't get Father's Day-themed emails.

You'll just get a bunch of other spam, probably to do with family counselling or child-size headstone-cleaner.

gib

you can't even say fathers day these days thanks to the 'how do we get talked about' department at deliveroo

imitationleather

I've been getting sent these too. I get why they're sending them, but why have I never received them for any other celebration before?

bgmnts

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on June 10, 2021, 12:32:44 AM
It means if you're estranged from your dad, or your dad's dead, or you're a dad estranged from your kids, or you're a dad with dead kids, hit the button and you won't get Father's Day-themed emails.

You'll just get a bunch of other spam, probably to do with family counselling or child-size headstone-cleaner.

Yeah but I've never received a father's day email and I don't know what deliveroo has to do with it, it's just so random. I assumed weird ad emails like that would be due to companies selling your data off or looking at Internet searches or something.

touchingcloth

Echo Valley 2-6809

Good idea. As a lepidopterist I've wasted far too much time on Mother's Day emails.

Kankurette

My dad is actually dead and I've never received these emails.

Icehaven

I'd like it if they and everyone else could do this for Christmas please, that'd be great.

Beagle 2

I got one of these ahead of Mothers Day from fucking Beer Hawk (do many people send their Ma's crates of ale?).

It was along the lines of: "Hi loser. We were just thinking that you probably don't even have a mum. Guess Mothers Day is a pretty rough time? Did you know it was Mothers Day soon? No? Well, it is. A day for all us legends who still have our lovely mothers. If you don't want to hear about Mothers Day because of the whole no mum thing just click the button below about Mother's Day coming up real fast in this weird email about Mothers Day that has really jolted you into specifically thinking about your dead mum when you were normally perfectly capable of ignoring Mothers Day PS buy lager"

Zetetic

I'm fighting for Stuart's Law, so that with just two clicks you can simultaneously add yourself to the National Father's Day Opt-Out Register and identify yourself as a violent sexual threat to young children.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Zetetic on June 10, 2021, 07:53:07 AM
I'm fighting for Stuart's Law, so that with just two clicks you can simultaneously add yourself to the National Father's Day Opt-Out Register and identify yourself as a violent sexual threat to young children.

There's an app for that.