Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,314
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:56:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Andrew Lawrence

Started by chrispmartha, June 10, 2021, 07:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanktonSideburns

Sweet redownloading insta now

mippy

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on July 12, 2021, 04:20:18 PM
I'm always a bit surprised when someone says they've been there, and have to stop myself given an automatic response of "why?". I mean, I have the excuse of my parents living there, but I struggle to think why anybody else would bother.

Presumably Lawrence himself was just desperate for any possible gigs - maybe the recent Tory turn up there encouraged him to think he might find his "people" too. What a shame he pissed on his own chips.

I had a friend who worked at Sellafield - we went up to visit and generally hang out around the Lake District. Whitehaven itself didn't seem that bad - there was a nice harbour and a few nice parks - but I can see I'd have hated it if I'd grown up there, far from the bright lights of Kendal.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on July 12, 2021, 04:16:11 PM
He's been dropped by his management. Haha.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/people/news/6447/andrew-lawrence-football-tweets/

QuoteRobin Ince tweeted: "I know some will cry 'cancelled', but I think it is impressive to see @cheshamcomedy cancelling a performer who stirred up racism after last night's game." He added: "(the performer is one of those free speech warriors who blocks you first, then badmouths you so you can't reply).

"He was a very interesting act, lots of TV work and all that too, but the bitterness seemed to have gushed in. Trouble is, it turned out he was like plenty of other people. An interesting comedian whose dark, onstage bitterness was just a prelude to full blossoming hate.

Great analysis from Robin Ince, he's a good bloke.

It is a particularly fucking witless time to do racist comedy, and yeah, as zombiejesus says, all these booing cunts should be eating their words and appreciating what that football team actually achieved.

Rainbow Moses

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on July 12, 2021, 03:39:23 PM
For reference...

Ah yes, it's all that equality and diversity that made England shit at penalties. Not like England to lose penalty shootouts.

At least one thing Southgate can take from this is that people have temporarily forgotten that Euro 96 ever happened.

frajer

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on July 12, 2021, 04:20:18 PM
Presumably Lawrence himself was just desperate for any possible gigs - maybe the recent Tory turn up there encouraged him to think he might find his "people" too. What a shame he pissed on his own chips.

Yeah. Highly suspect he knows he can't make much headway based on his act alone so a lot of this was an angle to get a rep as Britain's foremost outspoken comedian, getting banned by Twitter, Insta etc. to make a name with the "he tells it like it is and the snowflakes can't handle it" crowd.

But he's completely misjudged the general consensus. Before it got removed there were a lot of replies from his fans saying they normally like his stuff (fuck knows why) but this was too far.

Dimwitted racist says racist sludge from behind a gossamer-thin veil of irony and gets correctly shut down.

wrec

Seems like a spectacularly misjudged time to go full racist as a career move, and not sure if the usual "I got cancelled for having the wrong opinion 😢" route is going to be available for him

chveik

Quote from: mippy on July 12, 2021, 03:13:04 PM
I went to Whitehaven once and the local pizza shop did a pizza with baked beans on it.

PIZZA BEAN

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: frajer on July 12, 2021, 05:04:11 PM
Yeah. Highly suspect he knows he can't make much headway based on his act alone so a lot of this was an angle to get a rep as Britain's foremost outspoken comedian, getting banned by Twitter, Insta etc. to make a name with the "he tells it like it is and the snowflakes can't handle it" crowd.

But he's completely misjudged the general consensus. Before it got removed there were a lot of replies from his fans saying they normally like his stuff (fuck knows why) but this was too far.

Dimwitted racist says racist sludge from behind a gossamer-thin veil of irony and gets correctly shut down.
It's something you see a lot with these 'alt-right' types, be it in comedy or other media platforms - the need to keep pushing things further and further* until eventually even their core audience goes "woah, too much" and move on to the next contender.

*I'm assuming this is in part to stay relevant/ahead of the rest, but perhaps also a kind of thrill at the number of responses, both positive and negative.

PlanktonSideburns

Shame wetherspoons don't do stand up nights

I don't know about anything gossamer thin you know
That insta video I posted is worse than his tweets in many ways. Posing as a professor of assorted things such as race baiting and saying the penalties were missed because there were too many oppressive white faces in the crowd and the keeper didn't kneel. Typical of his usual output where he's fabricating a position that isn't even close to existing.

Geezer's a cunt.

Rainbow Moses

Quote from: Mr Banlon on July 12, 2021, 02:43:00 PM
If this is true, it explains a lot : https://twitter.com/stabiloFFC/status/1414360765721681921

QuoteSeen that racist tweet by failed comedian Andrew Lawrence despite him blocking me. Worth pointing out that we went to the same very mixed-race school in south west London and that Andrew once shat himself in class and cried for two hours while everyone laughed at him.

God, don't make me feel sympathy for the cunt. Wouldn't be surprised if the bitterness came from being bullied at school.

And if this stabiloFFC guy was one of the kids sticking the knife in then he can fuck off and all.

Thursday

Putting Baked Beans on a Pizza is a very good reason to hate The English.

Barry Admin

Quote from: wrec on July 12, 2021, 05:06:41 PM
Seems like a spectacularly misjudged time to go full racist as a career move, and not sure if the usual "I got cancelled for having the wrong opinion 😢" route is going to be available for him

I'd imagine those feckless cunts from Triggernometry will have him on to cry about the "woke left" anyway.

peanutbutter

I wonder how well his tour was actually doing. Doing alright (not great) on twitter/youtube/tiktok isn't something that necessarily translates into any kind of ticket sales. If little or none of the online money was going to his management and his ticket sales were in the toilet what incentive would there be for them to stick with him.

He's always seemed like he wouldn't be able to maintain the grift, his contempt for absolutely everyone (especially his current audience) is far too high. Figured he could post whatever and his cabal of cunts would lap it up at the very least.

phantom_power

The "Rashford should have spent less time feeding kids and more time practising penalties" thing is such a basic level joke that every racist cunt on Twitter thought of it. And it doesn't even work because up until last night he was a stone cold penalty machine

JCR

Quote from: peanutbutter on July 12, 2021, 05:19:07 PM
I wonder how well his tour was actually doing. Doing alright (not great) on twitter/youtube/tiktok isn't something that necessarily translates into any kind of ticket sales. If little or none of the online money was going to his management and his ticket sales were in the toilet what incentive would there be for them to stick with him.

He's always seemed like he wouldn't be able to maintain the grift, his contempt for absolutely everyone (especially his current audience) is far too high. Figured he could post whatever and his cabal of cunts would lap it up at the very least.

He always drew fairly well at the Edinburgh Fringe, even after he started doing anti immigration material he was in a 300 seat room full of middle aged J. Clarkson types, though who knows how that translates to a club tour.

A shame, I remember the first time I saw him- this was in the days when he still had hope of being a BBC1 featured comedian- I really enjoyed it.

idunnosomename

This doesn't in the slightest let him off for being a cunt, but like Lawrence Fox and Graham Linehan, he seems to have legitmately gone a bit mad.

pigamus

Quote from: Rainbow Moses on July 12, 2021, 05:11:39 PM

God, don't make me feel sympathy for the cunt. Wouldn't be surprised if the bitterness came from being bullied at school.

And if this stabiloFFC guy was one of the kids sticking the knife in then he can fuck off and all.

Also - what's a "mixed-race school"? Isn't that just... a school?

Josef K

My favourite thing about his 'characters' is the names he gives them - Keith Cuntabout (working class geeza), Sebastian Fat-salary (BBC Director), Terry Slimebag (sleazy showbiz manager), Johnny Smugface (smug BBC presenter).

It's like he's thought 'hmm, think these characters might go over my audience's heads, I'll name them with the subtlety of a Star Wars prequel villain and have them repeat the name at the start of every video

Josef K

Quote from: pigamus on July 12, 2021, 05:57:55 PM
Also - what's a "mixed-race school"? Isn't that just... a school?

It's a race school that teaches both boys and girls

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Rainbow Moses on July 12, 2021, 05:11:39 PM

I think his current fanbase are exactly the kind of bully cunts that would have been taking the piss out of him for soiling his kecks in class.
Perhaps his whole schtick is just a way to finally gain acceptance from the type of wankers who traumatised him when he was young. Now he's an anti-immigrant (son of an immigrant) bully (bullied at school) and a hero to those type of dickheads.
He'd have probably been one of those snide obnoxious little pricks who always seem to hang around with the 'hard lads' at school if he hadn't shat his fucking pants.
StabiloFFC is sticking in the knife, but he was probably one of the few who felt sorry for him when it happened and now feels cheated.

That being said, didn't happen did it ? Andrew lawrence is just racism's Glinner. He knows he's wrong. He's knows he's fucked himself, but he can't back down.

pigamus

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 12, 2021, 05:57:38 PM
This doesn't in the slightest let him off for being a cunt, but like Lawrence Fox and Graham Linehan, he seems to have legitmately gone a bit mad.

No he hasn't. None of them have. They're just cunts. And no offence but yes you are letting him off. It's a cop-out.

Kankurette

Quote from: phantom_power on July 12, 2021, 05:39:05 PM
The "Rashford should have spent less time feeding kids and more time practising penalties" thing is such a basic level joke that every racist cunt on Twitter thought of it. And it doesn't even work because up until last night he was a stone cold penalty machine
It doesn't even make sense. It's not like he was missing United training to go and personally deliver food to some kids.

JCR

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 12, 2021, 05:57:38 PM

Michael Legge speculated about that a few years back, after an in real life run in with him.

peanutbutter

Fox probably briefly went a bit mad after his drastically more successful wife divorced him and found himself very handsomely rewarded for it with a ton of attention. He's now just quite an effective shameless grifter cunt.

Glinner has always been mad and it was just a matter of time of him completely falling apart. Hard to feel sympathy for someone being such a cunt but there's certainly nothing very rewarding about it all for him.

Lawrence is just a really bitter cunt who (rightfully) figured he could make some money playing into the grift. The one thing about his whole shitty grift is though, regardless of it all being quite unfunny, he's definitely trying very hard to make it work. Relentlessly uploading new content and trying to create characters and shit, but it's gotta be impossible to develop anything when your fanbase is so wildly undiscerning.
Fox, and most these guys, usually are quite toothless and seemingly content with looking like absolute morons; as shite as the stuff of his I've seen has been, I get the impression Lawrence isn't able to help himself from trying to be the one who tests the limits of the room, his ego isn't able to let him, and that's got no long term viability cos it'll inevitably and repeatedly lead to situations like this.

This isn't gonna kill him, he might even get a bit of a bump from it, but it won't last and he'll fuck up again. A born loser if ever there was one.

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Kankurette on July 12, 2021, 06:07:07 PM
It doesn't even make sense. It's not like he was missing United training to go and personally deliver food to some kids.
There's elements in the United support that use his campaigning as a stick to beat him with - "should be concentrating on his game... it's a distraction... he's a footballer, not a politician", that kind of stuff - the truth is more that he's struggled with fitness for about 18 months now since picking up a back injury in a cup game vs Wolves, but still.

They'd also probably fall under the demographic that Lawrence would see as a potential audience.

Quote from: Josef K on July 12, 2021, 05:59:43 PM
My favourite thing about his 'characters' is the names he gives them - Keith Cuntabout (working class geeza), Sebastian Fat-salary (BBC Director), Terry Slimebag (sleazy showbiz manager), Johnny Smugface (smug BBC presenter).

Not to forget Professor Gideon Micropenis, the woke academic.

Kankurette

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on July 12, 2021, 06:36:04 PM
There's elements in the United support that use his campaigning as a stick to beat him with - "should be concentrating on his game... it's a distraction... he's a footballer, not a politician", that kind of stuff - the truth is more that he's struggled with fitness for about 18 months now since picking up a back injury in a cup game vs Wolves, but still.

They'd also probably fall under the demographic that Lawrence would see as a potential audience.
I wonder how they felt about Fergie's political beliefs.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Josef K on July 12, 2021, 05:59:43 PM

It's like he's thought 'hmm, think these characters might go over my audience's heads, I'll name them with the subtlety of a Star Wars prequel villain and have them repeat the name at the start of every video

In that case, now he's fucked his career, if he learns some cartoonistry skills Andy could be Britain's answer to Ben Garrisson?

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: Kankurette on July 12, 2021, 07:48:02 PM
I wonder how they felt about Fergie's political beliefs.
Eh, Fergie was hypocritical to say the least in terms of his politics but he also won numerous trophies. If Rashford had scored that sitter in the Europa final, they'd maybe be more inclined to zip it, but his recent form has enabled plenty of have it in for him.

Kind of makes me wonder if Andrew Lawrence had benefited from a stroke of good fortune years back and enjoyed a high profile career, whether his political opinions would be very different or whether perceived injustices have triggered him down this path (or whether it's pure grift).