Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:24:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Andrew Lawrence

Started by chrispmartha, June 10, 2021, 07:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenoise

Funny haha or funny weird?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: thenoise on July 20, 2021, 07:54:21 PM
Funny haha or funny weird?

I replied and also asked AL directly what tea he likes.

Chedney Honks

I recommend Tie Guan Yin oolong tea for a mineral, buttery, orchid aroma and flavour.

Catalogue Trousers

QuoteI replied and also asked AL directly what tea he likes.

Good on yer, Blodders.

I did watch that YouTube video out of a latent masochistic streak: what a pointless and mean-spirited (and, most importantly, NOT FUNNY) waste of 2 minutes. You do get the feeling that he's desperately wanting to say 'Harry is shite because he's married to a n**ger' but knows that'll get him booted off YouTube in a flash. So instead, he just settles for mocking a man forced to walk besides his Mum's coffin in the full glare of the World's media at the age of 12 for having mental health issues (oh, and being rich through no fault of his own).

The main problem that I have with Lawrence is that, despite the fervent protestations of his unquestioning acolytes, he's just not funny. Ever. And even his venom and spite is toothless and bland. Who but an undemanding moron could champion this?

Anyway. Enough of talking about such wastes of skin. Can I just say that I've always liked Lapsang Souchang? Even if, to me, it smells oddly like cooked bacon. And, to at least one friend of mine, like a dirty ashtray. Earl Grey is nice but a bit wimpy, really, so perfectly suited to Jean-Luc Picard. Chinese green/gunpowder tea is also good stuff, but, in the end, as long as you like the stuff, don't pay too much heed to the tea snobs. If you prefer Yorkshire Tea or PG Tips, fair play to you. Or even Ty-Phoo, but that's surprisingly decent, even if the only place that I know that sells it outside of websites is the Bristol Sweet Mart.

amateur

Lady Grey is quite nice, packs a more citrus punch.

BlodwynPig

Im getting a lot of likes for my mock support of AL, harking back to the old days of Manning and Chubby Brown in working mens clubs. Astonishing

I can well imagine its this sort of thing that could turn a man like AL to do it for real

jobotic

Remember that if you do tell want to tell Andrew what a legend he is and how you're glad the snowflakes aren't keeping him silenced you must address him as "mate", "my old son" or most commonly "Sir".

SpiderChrist

There used to be a place near me that offered a choice of over a hundred different teas. Wonder if AL ever went there? Assam Gentleman was always my choice (black, one sugar). Sadly closed down during some pandemic or other.

BlodwynPig

Oof, my comment has really brought out the scum. I feel unclean.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I like how Lozzo's scathing, savagely satirical and impressively voiced ( The same voice he could use if he was doing a bit in character as Margaret Thatcher or Miss Jones from " Rising Damp") performance has got CABbers defending members of the Royal Family.

Catalogue Trousers

He's less interesting than a decent cup, or mug, of tea. And less funny as well.

Mmmmmm. TEA.

thenoise

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on July 21, 2021, 08:00:59 AM
I like how Lozzo's scathing, savagely satirical and impressively voiced ( The same voice he could use if he was doing a bit in character as Margaret Thatcher or Miss Jones from " Rising Damp") performance has got CABbers defending members of the Royal Family.

Ha, yeah steady on CT. Let's not start pretending Harry is a real human being.

BlodwynPig

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 24, 2021, 09:12:36 PM
https://youtu.be/V0J5Hf_z8lw

Corker.

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU AT PM'S QUESTION TIME THEY WOULD ALL BE TERRIFIED !!!!

Going through  the comments under that Corker of a performance makes for interesting reading; and when I say " interesting", I mean " intensely depressing", of course.
Over 4000 likes, all of these comments extolling his comedy chops, his obvious intelligence, his satirical articulacy and perspicacity,, etc. and quite a few advising him to get a job with GB news and not let those lefty snowflake types get him down.I think it was McCarthy who once sang " They are many, we are few/ There's not much that we can do".
Mind you, his tour's been cancelled and he's been dropped by his management, so...

He seems very prescient about his likely future career options in the title of this recent one.  I have to laugh at his purported working-class bloke character quoting the classical Roman poet Juvenal at 0.55 to 1.02!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWEeyjF5MJU

sevendaughters

positive bot replies too, seen it before, depresso

BlodwynPig

Communism you say?

Fascism you and your ilk voted for gleefully, more like.

Mike Upchat

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on July 24, 2021, 10:26:47 PM
His eyes look so weird and dead in this one.

It's so they match with his brain.

SpiderChrist

Where's the jokes, Lawrence? I stopped just over a minute in because there were no jokes.

rue the polywhirl

I've not really come across Build Back Better before. I think I prefer the Sir Mix-A-Lot strategy of Build Better Back to lift ourselves out of Covid-induced misery.

Catalogue Trousers

QuoteI think it was McCarthy who once sang " They are many, we are few/ There's not much that we can do".

But then again, 'empty vessels make the most noise'. Not to mention, as someone else already has, that most of his ardent supporters are almost certainly bots.

'Gideon Micropenis...' Fuck's sake, man. Sort yourself out.

Anyway. Orange Pekoe tea. This frightfully posh-sounding brew is, in fact, a good honest cup - or mug - of tea. Full-flavoured and robust, it'll blow the cobwebs out of your beard in the morning and no mistake. And, I repeat, it's not some elitist lah-di-dah tea.

I mean, look. You can even get it from Tetley's now.

idunnosomename

HEYHO ITS ME BARRY FUCKSALOT A HIIIILARIOUS NEW COMEDY CHARACTER FROM THE CANCELLED COMEDIAN WITH WEIRDLY DILATED PUPILS

Barry Admin

QuoteWEIRDLY DILATED PUPILS

Lmao, I hadn't considered til now that this may be down to what CM once called "showbiz flu."

Pink Gregory

Surely all kinds of tea are somewhat exotic to Britain because it doesn't grow in Europe

Jock Macabre

It's like he's taken the Stewart Lee line "I'm not interested in laughs, I prefer applause" completely at face value and used that as an aspirational model for his career. He started out as a reasonably successful comedian, so presumably he has a reasonably tuned-in idea of what is funny, so these videos he does are particularly bizarre. He can't be watching these back and finding anything that, comedically, he is proud of. There's nothing there. He just points a camera toward the dullest wall in recorded history, puts on a daft working-class accent, which if I was a character in Mary Poppins I'd be profoundly offended by, adopts an insipid comedy name with a swear in so lol and blurts out all the ill informed, quasi-antiestablishment rhubarb he also thinks 'out of character'.
He must know it's absolute pap, right? He has to be acutely aware that this is the dying embers of his career, that the demographic he's snivvellingly pandering don't actually want jokes so much as dull-witted bile.

On a plus note, we never really had substantial response to those wee pricks who moan that comedy is too left-wing nowadays. Now there's plenty of documented examples of what a tedious joy vacuum modern right-wing 'comedy' is.

Quote from: Jock Macabre on July 25, 2021, 02:21:06 PM
It's like he's taken the Stewart Lee line "I'm not interested in laughs, I prefer applause" completely at face value and used that as an aspirational model for his career. He started out as a reasonably successful comedian, so presumably he has a reasonably tuned-in idea of what is funny, so these videos he does are particularly bizarre. He can't be watching these back and finding anything that, comedically, he is proud of. There's nothing there. He just points a camera toward the dullest wall in recorded history, puts on a daft working-class accent, which if I was a character in Mary Poppins I'd be profoundly offended by, adopts an insipid comedy name with a swear in so lol and blurts out all the ill informed, quasi-antiestablishment rhubarb he also thinks 'out of character'.
He must know it's absolute pap, right? He has to be acutely aware that this is the dying embers of his career, that the demographic he's snivvellingly pandering don't actually want jokes so much as dull-witted bile.

On a plus note, we never really had substantial response to those wee pricks who moan that comedy is too left-wing nowadays. Now there's plenty of documented examples of what a tedious joy vacuum modern right-wing 'comedy' is.

It's just 'a bit of ban-tah' as Keith Cuntabout unfailingly informs us on his every appearance.  I'm not so sure what Professor Gideon Micropenis's excuse is.  Higher-level academics aren't noted for their bantz.

JaDanketies

Reminds me of Pat Condell. I see Pat is now a COVID-denier like all good rationalists

Here's a new character by him: BBC Director of Marxist Cuntwaffle, Sebastian Fatsalary.  Makes a slight change from Cuntabout and Micropenis, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3IptKA8VUU

Fambo Number Mive

Just over 50k subscribers.

One of the comments below the video made me laugh

"Speaking as someone who has been both patronised and then ignored by the BBC over cancelling a popular tv drama series (that doesn't adhere to their woke dystopian ethos) this is spot on"

"What series?"

"Holby City"