Author Topic: Elden Ring  (Read 583 times)

Fry

• BIG UNIT
Re: Elden Ring
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2021, 09:47:26 PM »
Name one (1) game with good graphics in the last 3 years you can't

Fishfinger

• "The goals seemed to come at bad times."
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2021, 09:52:24 PM »
Red Dead 2

Fry

• BIG UNIT
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2021, 09:55:29 PM »
Shit graphics

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2021, 09:59:37 PM »
51 Worldwide Games

I just finally watched the trailer and I'm surprised that I was actually quite blown away by the enemy designs and environments and I think it looks and sounds very cool. I didn't really like DS3 after the initial playthrough, Sekiro is a jumbled mess of brilliance and unfinished elements and mechanics that jar with the strengths of the game. I no longer feel great excitement for FROM games as I did five years ago but this looks like it could be up there. It's probably more DS3 in aesthetics but there's also a lot of weird and goofy and some quite spooky shit there, which I didn't expect. It does look and sound like an amalgamation of the last ten years of FROM Soft, with a dash of open world traversal, and I will really look forward to it.

Do I wish it were next-gen only? No, because I want more people to have the chance to play it over me getting console ray tracing or whatever. Maybe it'll get a PS5 patch next summer, who knows?

Fishfinger

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2021, 09:59:54 PM »
Shit graphics

No. At launch, in late 2018, on a PS4 it was brilliant.

Fishfinger

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2021, 10:03:36 PM »
I no longer feel great excitement for FROM games as I did five years ago

Yeah. I sold Sekiro after, what, 2-3 weeks and I've never done that before. I hope it's a solid 100 hours thing with co-op.

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2021, 09:17:39 AM »
Yeah I just sort of feel nothing with this, I'm sure I'll playing it day 1, but I think Sekiro killed my enthusiasm for Fromsoft's formula. I could just never quite click with that game, one of the big problems was when you get one of those perilous, I always struggled to read the attack animations so I would never quite be confident in how I should be reacting. It felt like a quick time event where I was having to guess which button to press.

I imagine I'll enjoy this more because build variety means you can make a boss slightly easier for yourself than intended where Sekiro made no allowances for that. At the same time, it's just Dark Souls with a horse innit? I'm fine with that it's a bit rich of people to sneer when there's been relatively few of these by video game standards, but I was still hoping for something more different.

As said on twitter, it's weird how Fromsoft brought in George R.R. Martin and he went "Hey you should do something like Dark Souls."

Tags: