Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,469
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:39:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Queer Stuff

Started by Polymorphia, June 11, 2021, 03:17:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polymorphia

This is just a general queer thread. I don't like any trans, queer etc news, good or bad, inevitably ending up in a thread really about a horrific bastard who once wrote comedy, so with admin advice I've decided to make a thread. Please, if you have any thoughts on queer happenings, post it here, and not in that comedy thread. PLEASE.

Anything good, bad, whatever, for us queers. Because I don't want relevant news about gay, lesbian, bi, trans, queer people to be in a thread about a failing bastard. His failed life does not ultimately define us.

Post anything relevant, and keep posting. Good, bad, whatever, so long as it's related to queer happenings.

Obviously, the current topic in recent news is the Maya Forstater tribunal. Which as I said before, "waking up and having the first thing I saw today being the fucking BBC push notification for this just fucking ruined my day. I find myself trying to ignore news about trans rights in the UK because it will inevitably depress me". Maybe this will work as a topic opener, I don't know.

Let's talk about queer stuff here. Not about an obsolete man.

wooders1978

Isn't there already a thread for this?

Zetetic

I think that thread is more supportive, whilst this one is more observational.

For example:

"Peter Mandelson was sighted at Donington services (northbound) yesterday evening, buying 34 litres of premium unleaded and a Twix" would go in this thread.

"Huge support to The Right Honourable Baron of Foy and Hartlepool for buying a Twix and breaking down homophobic barriers around the use of English motorway services" would go in the queer/trans comrades thread.

"I fucking hate that man" would go in whatever is the currently pinned Labour Party thread.

Polymorphia

That's basically my intention, yeah

Kankurette

I'll post wherever I want, thanks. I can post in both threads. I'm not queer anyway, it's a label with way too much baggage. I'm too boring to be queer.

Mister Six

Was reminded of this Bob's Burgers clip earlier, which might not be exactly right for this thread, but I thought it might be a nice, gentle and funny distraction from the negativity: https://youtu.be/2BkdCC7_JZM

Mister Six

Also, from another thread that shall not be named - England cricket team supporting trans people: https://twitter.com/JackDunc1/status/1403070889500057602?s=19

Kankurette

Can we talk about Mumsnet in here or is that reserved for the you-know-who thread?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Mister Six on June 12, 2021, 12:41:24 AM
Also, from another thread that shall not be named - England cricket team supporting trans people: https://twitter.com/JackDunc1/status/1403070889500057602?s=19

Fuck. Ing. Hell. I was not expecting that.

Video here: https://twitter.com/englandcricket/status/1400031576185049089

Excellent!

Zetetic

Quote from: Kankurette on June 13, 2021, 03:37:15 PM
Can we talk about Mumsnet in here or is that reserved for the you-know-who thread?
I'd suggest such a discussion is worth its own thread - and possibly referring to it with a pseudonym or by description (but perhaps I'm paranoid).

It's clearly an important phenomenon in all sorts of ways, even if I think the role is plays in British TERF discourse is overplayed by all sides.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Is this the right place to go in:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/jun/26/people-have-told-me-i-am-on-the-wrong-side-of-history-but-i-still-want-to-be-their-friend

The Guardian continuing to platform bigoted transphobes. Maybe you've lost all those friends because you deserve to?

Oh, and, of course:

QuoteMany of my friends supported Jeremy Corbyn, and even though I found his frequent proximity to antisemites truly upsetting

When are they going to shut up about him?

imitationleather

When I saw that article just the title made my eyes roll so audibly that my neighbours started banging on the wall and shouting at me to keep the noise down.

Dr Rock

You can't be fired for having that belief, big up yourself Hadley.

Kankurette

What's all this about a trans pride march in London today?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 26, 2021, 03:17:27 PM
You can't be fired for having that belief, big up yourself Hadley.

What is going on here, is this real?

Dr Rock

Did you read the article. She boasts how her anti-trans opinions aren now legally protected because of what some judge thought a couple of weeks ago.

Kankurette

Ah yes, the Maya Forstater case, which TERFs are now claiming means that being 'gender critical' is a protected characteristic.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 26, 2021, 06:01:01 PM
Did you read the article. She boasts how her anti-trans opinions aren now legally protected because of what some judge thought a couple of weeks ago.

I did read that, but didn't see that was what you were referring to. I thought you were offering her support. I think I get the point now reading back, sorry.

Dr Rock

Ugh I see how it could be read that way. Sorry for the confusion, fuck her and fuck the guardian.

canadagoose

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 26, 2021, 02:30:13 PM
Is this the right place to go in:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2021/jun/26/people-have-told-me-i-am-on-the-wrong-side-of-history-but-i-still-want-to-be-their-friend

The Guardian continuing to platform bigoted transphobes. Maybe you've lost all those friends because you deserve to?

Oh, and, of course:

When are they going to shut up about him?
Hadley bloody Freeman, writer of the most pointless wank in the Guardian. How that paper has the gall to pretend it's progressive is beyond me.

jobotic

They turned off replies for that one.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: canadagoose on June 26, 2021, 09:43:07 PM
Hadley bloody Freeman, writer of the most pointless wank in the Guardian. How that paper has the gall to pretend it's progressive is beyond me.

The Guardian of... nouveau-riche Thatcher's children cosplaying as progressive because they cheated on someone once and everyone they know does coke.

Dr Rock

Mumsnet terfs are not happy with that article and the fact that 'gender-critical' views are a now a protected belief. Because it's not a 'belief' it's fact. ffs.

checkoutgirl

The Dublin Port Tunnel will be queer for two weeks starting on the 7th of July so see you there.

checkoutgirl

I'm not queer by the way, we wouldn't employ a homosexual.

checkoutgirl

Flyers are being handed out in Soho with the following tag line.

"The Best Bum in W1"

So see you there.

checkoutgirl

Rugby is now the official queer sport of the UK and all rugby clubs are queer friendly from July 5th 2021 on an ongoing basis.

So see you there.

Kankurette

Any football fans see Jordan Henderson's lovely tweet to a gay fan?