Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,349
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:33:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lynx Africa

Started by pancreas, June 11, 2021, 07:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiftwork2

Quote from: H-O-W-L on June 12, 2021, 02:30:03 AM
I can't imagine giving a shit what scent someone is wearing so long as it's not Eau De Hudson River (Cement Shoes Edition).

So long as the odour of one's proximity is not that of a ham toastie reheated in the back window of a Yugo left at a carboot sale (next to a 1992 Action Man who's become a napalm victim) after it's been used for some form of vicious gangland slaying, I don't see why it matters. Ooh, you smell like... chemicals! But they're CHEAP CHEMICALS, thus you must be BURNED.

Frankly I think all deodorant nowadays, bar body-spray, is toxic shite designed to rot yer skin long-term and legitimately terrible for your pits. I've got hyperhidrosis (oversweating) so I have to use a prescribed antiperspirant to bring my underarm sweating down to merely normal levels, and it's given me a very dim view of antiperspirants thanks to the caustic effects it has on my underarms-- and normal antiperspirants weren't much better. We're meant to sweat a bit! Just wash often and spritz your body/clothes, you dirty bastard.

Even a mild sweat smell is fine to me if you're working or working out -- people who wig out over that shit are the real fucking freaks to me. I can't imagine their reaction when they encounter a pet like a dog or a cat, especially if it's been raining.

Amen brother.  A beautiful CaB post, not tainted by Oxbridge privately-educated privilege.  We can reject that.

Cold Meat Platter

This is the cunt that can't tell smoked from un-smoked bacon.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: shiftwork2 on June 12, 2021, 01:51:05 AM
Poor people are so thick; it's a wonder we allow them to keep breathing, really.

Let's move carefully past the clear accuracy of that statement and get practical for a sec. Am I correct in thinking that several vastly superior scents not for children are available for the same price or less?

shiftwork2

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 12, 2021, 08:11:51 AM
Let's move carefully past the clear accuracy of that statement and get practical for a sec. Am I correct in thinking that several vastly superior scents not for children are available for the same price or less?

If you shop the market you can usually find Lynx Midhurst, Lynx Formby and Lynx Darlington so yes basically

willbo

I really like the gender neutral Lynx flavour that came out a year or so ago. I bought a little supply from Superdrug. But then I like the Dove one too.

I remember being 16 or so and friends would just spray Lynx everywhere. It almost seemed like some shamanic teen male ritual, like something that had nothing to do with BO or whatever -  like we had to mark a place as a teen boy place by spraying it everywhere, like some macho incense.

willbo

Quote from: H-O-W-L on June 12, 2021, 02:30:03 AM
Frankly I think all deodorant nowadays, bar body-spray, is toxic shite designed to rot yer skin long-term and legitimately terrible for your pits.

What about a fancy one from a place like Holland and Barrett? Or even the luxury Sainsbury's brand with the shiny blue can?

pancreas

Quote from: shiftwork2 on June 12, 2021, 02:36:45 AM
Amen brother.  A beautiful CaB post, not tainted by Oxbridge privately-educated privilege.  We can reject that.

This post smells of Lynx Africa to me. I don't know what everyone else thinks.

shiftwork2

Nah it's Lynx Formby.  That's basic.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

It brings back fond memories of being 14, attending under 18 discos and trying to stick my hand up a girlie's jumper. Good times.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: pancreas on June 12, 2021, 09:32:08 AM
This post smells of Lynx Africa to me. I don't know what everyone else thinks.

What is the Lynx / Axe of choice for your cadre (gays)?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 12, 2021, 03:01:39 PM

Lynx Dark Temptation

H-O-W-L

Quote from: willbo on June 12, 2021, 09:25:42 AM
What about a fancy one from a place like Holland and Barrett? Or even the luxury Sainsbury's brand with the shiny blue can?

As we all know if you shop at H&B you must be sent to the grinder.

But no it's all the same shit, IMO. Really not something you should wear daily if you ask me. I'm in the habit of giving my body a good scrub with that Wright's Coal Tar soap every day, and only wearing AP when I go out or socialize; I don't see the point in wearing it unless you're going out. Still smell nice and fresh.

dissolute ocelot

I smell bad ironically because I'm a Lynx Africa-wearing hipster.

Which is much worse than being a racist.

pancreas

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 12, 2021, 03:01:39 PM

I believe they smother themselves in Dolce & Gabbana as a rule of thumb.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: ASFTSN on June 11, 2021, 08:56:22 AM
When I was 14 my only friend had every flavour of Lynx proudly lined up on his bedroom windowsill. I remember looking over the row of cans at his parents arguing in the garden while the silenced title screen of Redneck Rampage was on the CRT monitor of his PC, which I wasn't allowed to play while he was taking a shit. He's dead now.[nb]May not be true.[/nb]

This is some great exposition.

I don't have any Lynx stuff to add but it took me back to a room a friend shared with his older brother. They had that wallpaper that was red and black diamonds on a grey background. Countless Rambo and Van Damme video tapes sprawling the walls on metal rack shelving. Saisho VCR obviously.

PlanktonSideburns

ProvanFan

Physio Sport is the (pube)scent that takes me back to a simpler time.

My mum used to warn me not to spay too much deodorant in my room or I'd die from inhaling it. Then a lad down the road did actually cop it in a similar way in a shed full of spray paint fumes. I still hate it when someone oversprays in my presence. It's attempted murder.

I use a very wanky stick one now that's aluminium free not an anti-perspirant. Bit expensive but frankly I'm worth it. Here are two twats I'm in a poly triad relationship with enjoying each other's subtly fragrant oxters:

Nate is wearing coconut dreams and Amantha is wearing bergamot rituals.

jobotic

Quote from: mothman on June 11, 2021, 06:58:56 PM
I use the shower gel. Because it's just... shower gel, you know? Not too expensive. Couldn't care less what it smells like provided it's not completely objectionable.

I bought some Pears shower gel the other day. I fucking love it. I smell like a nursing home.

thenoise

Quote from: H-O-W-L on June 12, 2021, 03:44:20 PM
As we all know if you shop at H&B you must be sent to the grinder.

But no it's all the same shit, IMO. Really not something you should wear daily if you ask me. I'm in the habit of giving my body a good scrub with that Wright's Coal Tar soap every day, and only wearing AP when I go out or socialize; I don't see the point in wearing it unless you're going out. Still smell nice and fresh.

Deodorant rather than antiperspirant is basically just solid scent block. Buy one with natural ingredients should be fine, mate. Or make one yourself, recipes available online, though you'll probably have to keep it in the fridge.
i use talcum powder on my balls in summer, is that allowed?

steve98

DON'T USE TALC. Talc will dry them out and desiccate them (like raisins)

EDIT. Sorry, that's ^ not right. Bad info.

Sebastian Cobb

Don't use a scent at all these days and just use potassium alum to prevent BO.

This sounds like a millenial version of the greebo: if you don't wash your hair it sorts itself out

Butchers Blind

Does anyone still use talc apart from babies?

Sebastian Cobb

Maybe it's one of those bathroom things you saw in the bathroom at a time when you were a child and thought was old junk until at one point you realise you urgently need it.

Like Germoloids.

idunnosomename

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Butchers Blind on June 12, 2021, 10:48:41 PM

Talcy Mackay

The Mollusk

It's a testament to the horrific post-ironic late-stage capitalist world we live in that Lynx Africa has a big new marketing campaign behind it which pushes it as some sort of LEGENDARY PRODUCT FOR LEGENDS instead of just letting it fade to black and become discontinued. I hope its newfound excessive consumption pushes the planet a few days closer to total extinction so I don't have to suffer for quite so long.

mothman

A former colleague always used to get his fellow team members little customised gift bags at Christmas. Mine would usually have some nice chocolate, a single malt miniature, and a small gift bottle of Molton Brown black pepper shower gel. Lovely stuff. Like Mint Source, but for grown-ups. Would buy some more but it's currently £22 for 300ml on Amazon. Stuff that!

idunnosomename

Surely it's been long enough now for teenagers who recieved Lynx Africa sets from their grandparents can have their own grandchildren to give them to ironically.

Well ok 1995 launch i suppose it's possible but theyd be babies. Still, even more ironic! Oi oi

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I send my unwanted Lynx Africa box sets to a disadvantaged child in Africa so he can smell proper reem and be an absolute ledge, and I think you should too.

thenoise

Quote from: Butchers Blind on June 12, 2021, 10:48:41 PM

I'm fucked if I'm buying some revoltingly named product for my sweaty balls problem. And it doesn't feel right using a deodorant stick between my legs, it gets hairy enough under my arms and I don't want it to have any tagnuts attached.

Talcum powder it is.

And BTW you aren't sposed to use it on babies any more. Their balls don't get that sweaty anyway