Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:52:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FREE GLITTER SAYS EX-TV MAN JIM NICK NICK DAVIDSONS

Started by Dr Rock, June 11, 2021, 12:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crankshaft

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 11, 2021, 02:03:09 PM
Ah right, but he's not the rights holder there, and it looks like the people who do own the rights are still getting paid. If you've sold your rights you get nish, criminal or no.

Also I'm astonished that someone decided it would be a good idea to put a Gary Glitter song in a film in 2019.

I suspect he sold his publishing outright for a lump sum at some point. Perhaps he still gets mechanical royalties, although I can't imagine they'd be worth much to him nowadays.

badaids

I can understand why Glitter is remorseful.  I took my computer in to PC World under one of their servicing agreements in the late 90s, and I too was quite unsatisfied with the level of service I received.

Jerzy Bondov

r/IAmA

I'm Gary Glitter, famous bad paedophile. AMA!

Hi Reddit, Gary Glitter here! My friend Jim suggested I do my very first AMA and I thought, hey, why not! What have I got to lose? Haha! As you may know, I'm currently serving a 16 year jail term for noncing. Ask me anything!

NB: I won't be answering any questions about my music career. That stage of my life is now over and I really want to focus on my current project: being in jail for noncing.

Quote from: steve98 on June 11, 2021, 02:28:57 PM
Re Jim - "The famous ladies man has lost none of his charm."
Good to know.

Well if he had, that would mean he'd got worse than he already is.

Blue Jam

idunnosomename

Blue Jam

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 11, 2021, 02:08:14 PM
The original source for this has some photographs that potentially could be manipulated to make Jim appear foolish!

https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/19360672.controversial-comic-jim-davidson-moors-weymouth-harbour/

What, like this one?

Perhaps you're right:

steve98

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 11, 2021, 03:13:13 PM
Do you wanna be in my gang (of paedophiles)

Not "Do you wanna be", that sounds ridiculous. It's "D'yawannabe."

Jerzy Bondov

"Do you want to be in my gang, my gang, my gang, do you want to be in my gang, my gang?" - Gary Glitter trying to get a gang together on his first day in paedo jail

El Unicornio, mang

One of the most disturbing things I read about Gary Glitter was his ex Denise Van Outen saying they were having sex one time and he got so excited that his wig fell off.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on June 11, 2021, 03:26:26 PM
One of the most disturbing things I read about Gary Glitter was his ex Denise Van Outen saying they were having sex one time and he got so excited that his wig fell off.

Van Houten was shagging Glitter back in the day? Christ between him and Jay Kay she sure can pick em.

If it happened before his conviction she must've been in her early 20's and him in his 50's.

steve98

Quote from: turnstyle on June 11, 2021, 03:27:04 PM
Stewart Lee has let himself go.

I found a Stuart Lee's driver's licence when I was comin' out of ASDA last week. I had an idea that I might use it to sign-up with Twitter (which the real Lee hates.)

Fambo Number Mive

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 11, 2021, 03:29:05 PM
Van Houten was shagging Glitter back in the day? Christ between him and Jay Kay she sure can pick em.

Apparently she was 17 when they started dating. But yeah can't believe she dated such a dodgy individual who inflicted so many heinous crimes on society in the 90s and 00s...and she dated Gary Glitter

idunnosomename

Quote from: steve98 on June 11, 2021, 03:18:05 PM
Not "Do you wanna be", that sounds ridiculous. It's "D'yawannabe."
look do you want to or not

steve98

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 11, 2021, 04:07:23 PM
look do you want to or not

No, I've got my own gang.

I heard you go around singin' "If you wanna be in my gang, you gotta get with my friends
(Gotta get with my friends)
Make it last forever, friendship never ends
If you wanna be in my gang, you have got to give
(You've got to give)
Taking is too easy, but that's the way it is," like a right tit.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 11, 2021, 02:03:09 PM
Also I'm astonished that someone decided it would be a good idea to put a Gary Glitter song in a film in 2019.

I assumed that the choice was deliberate, for the shock value. But maybe I'm wrong! Americans seem to have absolutely no idea about his, uh, later projects.

Butchers Blind

Yeah, I guess no idea. Try telling a Yank about Rolf Harris, clueless.

Mr Trumpet

Americans still like Morrissey, what do they know

Echo Valley 2-6809

A few years ago I took an American friend to visit Stuart Hall.

He couldn't understand why James I hadn't lived somewhere nicer.

Cold Meat Platter

Remember Jimmy Page getting a roadie to kidnap a 14 year old girl for him?
It's hard to tell what the criteria for the condoning of these things are but they clearly exist.

Butchers Blind

Bill Wyman. Interesting where the media see the scale on these things.

Cold Meat Platter

Yup. What Bill hicks said about music and drugs you could probably say about music and 'ephebophilia', to be charitable, too. Not condoning it at all, just pointing out that major cornerstones of our culture, ones that aren't 'naff' or clownish, are immune to this scrutiny.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 11, 2021, 01:31:36 PM
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/jim-davidson-says-paedo-gary-24294447.amp

So according to this he's done 7 years of 16, and is being lined up for a move to an open prison. It's likely he'll be out in a year, which makes it even weirder that Nick Nick would expend whatever respect he has left going to bat for him.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on June 12, 2021, 12:28:57 AM
So according to this he's done 7 years of 16, and is being lined up for a move to an open prison. It's likely he'll be out in a year, which makes it even weirder that Nick Nick would expend whatever respect he has left going to bat for him.

Not saying Jim is a nonce but there's the old saying 'birds of a feather...'

Aaron500

If you read the original shitty story, Jim "Nick Nick" actually spoke to Glitter two years ago, so who knows how rehabilitated GG feels now. And he only mentions it because the prison is near where he's moored his boat temporarily. The whole thing reads like it's been dictated by some wankstain of an agent, who's been called up after Davison posed for a photo.

The Mollusk

Quote from: jobotic on June 11, 2021, 12:32:48 PM
Having read the title of this thread I took my kids round to Jim's to get some of this free glitter. They were very disappointed, to say the least.

Think of the terrible impact glitter has on the environment for fucks sake, you are a monster, no worse than Glitter himself.