Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:27:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Nelson, Lancashire fruit tree outrage

Started by Fambo Number Mive, June 11, 2021, 03:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

Quote from: Captain Z on June 11, 2021, 04:39:04 PM
100% the same people who complain about snowflake kids not being allowed to climb trees any more like wot back wot I dun back in my day.

Back in my day we broke our brittle necks climbing trees for fruit, developed lifelong chronic gut diseases drinking water from the hose and were systematically nonced to near-annihilation in the poorly-lit streets right outside our homes and it never did us any harm.

Personally I am still opposed to the planting of these trees simply because kids these days have it too easy and I don't think they deserve to be having the sort of fun I did growing up.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: JaDanketies on June 13, 2021, 10:55:02 AM
Was born and brought up in Whitworth, Rawtenstall and Bacup. Suffice to say that all those little Lancashire towns are fucking shit.

Certainly shit to grow up in. This bit of taxidermy was the most exciting thing for miles around.

Fortunately we moved to the bright lights of Bury when I was 16. I reckon Rawtenstall would be a reasonable place to move back to in advanced age, pretty enough, lots of nice old buildings. If I'd lost the impetuts to ever go anywhere away from home it would be fine.

Dr Rock

Why not simply discourage tree-climbing by covering all the trees with razor blades? Or better yet, plant razor-blade trees?

Kankurette

That snake looks like it's trying to stick its tongue in the tiger's ear and the tiger's going, "Oh, you."

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on June 13, 2021, 11:16:59 AM
There are a lot less CCTV's in the world than you imagine, it's always been a bit of a myth we are always on camera nowadays in towns and cities.

I think the bigger misconception is that CCTV is capable of capturing useful footage. You really do get what you pay for, and while high end gear can tell the colour of your eyes in low light from miles away, most stuff is cheap and nasty shit just to tick a box on insurance. Although that might apply more to private systems in pubs/clubs/cafes/shops etc.

A pub I drank in changed owners and decent amount of money was kept in the safe as it was changing hands, which went missing. It was obviously someone with a set of keys and whilst the place did have cctv, they'd covered their face. What actually revealed the thief was the rozzers checking the router's dhcp log and finding a member of staff's phone connecting to it at the same time.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 13, 2021, 03:22:05 PM. What actually revealed the thief was the rozzers checking the router's dhcp log and finding a member of staff's phone connecting to it at the same time.