Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:05:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Linda Lindas

Started by Barry Admin, June 11, 2021, 07:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Admin

Anyone else catch these girls going viral the other week? Seems they've since appeared on Jimmy Kimmel. I've been listening to them pretty reguarly since their new song started to get so much attention. I bloody love 'em!

Firstly, Rebel Girl has been one of my favourite songs for years, so their cover of the Bikini Kill classic really grabbed me. Big Mouth finally got me to check out The Muffs, which I've meant to do for a ridiculous amount of time.

Here's their library gig:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3msSlr4PkDE

I really love some of their original songs; Never Say Never (7:50 in the above vid) is the best powerpop song I've heard in yeeeaars, super catchy and direct. Missing You (5:25) is another banger, and a really interesting take on what it's like to grow up while under lockdown.

Ahhh they're brilliant, real feel good stuff.

Famous Mortimer

I think their music is fantastic, but everything about them feels like a very well-executed marketing ploy. Like, the news story about them a few weeks ago didn't mention that these kids had already been in a movie, and had supported a few pretty big bands in LA.