Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:29:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

True Crime Vortex

Started by Cold Meat Platter, June 11, 2021, 10:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

Anyone else been pulled into this? All of a sudden my thoughts are plagued by Chris Watts' lizard face and Grant Amato's bulbous Mekon head.
Anyone got any leads? any cases they're working on?
What is the D.A. on YOUR ass about?

imitationleather

To be fair, Grant Amato's head is amazing.

imitationleather

This is the best channel on YouTube. Almost every episode of Forensic Files in one place: https://www.youtube.com/user/MedicalDetectivesTV

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: imitationleather on June 11, 2021, 10:24:51 PM
To be fair, Grant Amato's head is amazing.

His head/desolation rating is absolutely off the scale.

Cold Meat Platter

I recommend True Crime Loser, btw. He's a US stand up who commentates on these cases in a more informal way.

imitationleather

Yeah he's good. Seems like a really nice guy. I started following him after he was featured on Jim Can't Swim.

I really liked his Chris Watts stuff because he went on about what an idiot the guy is, which was refreshing compared to the usual YouTube true crime conveyor belt.

Cold Meat Platter

It didn't have that SERIOUS CRIME tone which can get on the tits in a Michael Buerk 999 way.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on June 11, 2021, 10:35:18 PM
I recommend True Crime Loser, btw. He's a US stand up who commentates on these cases in a more informal way.

Love his style. Its the right amount of amateur and niceness

bgmnts

I like it when they rape the dead bodies after viciously murdering their victims.

imitationleather

Quote from: bgmnts on June 11, 2021, 11:01:55 PM
I like it when they rape the dead bodies after viciously murdering their victims.

Sounds like you might be a bit sick mate. Ever thought of seeking help?

bgmnts

Quote from: imitationleather on June 11, 2021, 11:03:05 PM
Sounds like you might be a bit sick mate. Ever thought of seeking help?

Nah it's okay I just like true crime.

chveik

love true crime but i couldn't commit a whole one!!

Cold Meat Platter

It's false crime that should be stamped out if you ask me. Just a waste of police time.

ASFTSN

Explain to me immediately why it's not just called 'crime'. "My hobby/interest is researching crime" is a perfectly ok thing to say.

Cold Meat Platter

Because there is also fictional crime.

ASFTSN

Yeah ok but you wouldn't say "My interest is fictional World War 2". Or maybe you would, I don't know.

EDIT: or "true World Wars" is wot I meant I guess

Cold Meat Platter

WW2 novels are a genre, not as broad a genre as crime, though.

EDIT: It's just a synonym for documentary in this case.

ASFTSN

Yeah fair enough, maybe I'm an idiot. But it seems a bit like this one of the few things where the 'genre name' of the media content applies to documentary stuff as opposed to the fiction, if that makes any sense. Had a few beers, mind. I'm probably just old and it's a buzzword I've seen a bit too many times in the last ten years.

ASFTSN

Anyway to get back on topic I used to find serial killers quite interesting but then I began to see a lot of them essentially as having the same life stories. Head injury, abusive parents, alcoholic as a teenager, repeat. I know it's not that simple but I just felt as though I wasn't really learning anything much new about humans and it became.depressing. Almost like it only remains interesting if you start to...not romanticise, but at least get into each one like it's a fictional character study, one which always culminates in: humans are products of their environment, and the system fails them. This one put a bow tie on his victims though.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Listen to "The Nobody Zone" podcast (or watch it on YouTube if you're hard of hearing). It's the story of Kieran Patrick Kelly, a homeless Irishman who murdered 13-31 people between 1953 and 1983 by shoving them in front of underground trains. OR DID HE?

Vortex is a red herring. The killer actually tricked them into gargling Domestos.