Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:08:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Galaxy or Dairy Milk?

Started by Barry Admin, June 12, 2021, 12:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which?

Galaxy
37 (34.6%)
Dairy Milk
38 (35.5%)
Some hoity-toity expensive middle-class shit you PLEB
18 (16.8%)
Fuck off cunt
8 (7.5%)
Die peasants
0 (0%)
Haslemere the Caterpere
0 (0%)
An tSaoi
6 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Barry Admin

Galaxy for me, I think. A smoother chocolate, with a more interesting, longer-lasting aftertaste.

Fr.Bigley

JamesTC

Galaxy just about wins it in terms of plain chocolate.

Galaxy Caramel is light years ahead of Dairy Milk Caramel.

shiftwork2

Let's save a few worthless pages.  What's the privately-educated Oxbridge view on this?  Presume the usuals will fill this on demand.

Glebe

Echo Valley 2-6809

Had a Galaxy Ripple last week and iit was repulsive. Kind of a soapy taste. I used to love Galaxy Counters too.

Dairy Milk seems blander than it used to be, but Flakes are still lovely.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on June 12, 2021, 01:11:01 AM
Had a Galaxy Ripple last week and iit was repulsive. Kind of a soapy taste. I used to love Galaxy Counters too.

Dairy Milk seems blander than it used to be, but Flakes are still lovely.

Good response but we need

School Fees:

Oxbridge College:

CaB needs the info.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: shiftwork2 on June 12, 2021, 01:19:09 AM
Good response but we need

School Fees:

Oxbridge College:

CaB needs the info.

School Fees: 99

Oxbridge College: Corpus Christi Toffee Crispi

JesusAndYourBush

Never mind that, what's happened to white chocolate?   When I was a kid white chocolate had a distinctive taste.  I got a bar of white chocolate from Lidl a couple of years ago and if I'd been blindfolded I'd have just assumed it was some dark bog-standard chocolate colour.  A few months later I got a bar of white chocolate from Aldi and that was the same.  Why bother to make white chocolate if it doesn't taste of white chocolate.  It's a disgrace!

Captain Z

It's because they used to make white chocolate from white dog poo, but you just don't get it any more.

non capisco

Which one had the sweet goo inside and the hot rabbit whispering seductively in the advert?

Found it. Phwooooar.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Echo Valley 2-6809 on June 12, 2021, 01:30:16 AM
School Fees: 99

Oxbridge College: Corpus Christi Toffee Crispi

Good lad.

Barry Admin

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on June 12, 2021, 01:31:44 AM
Never mind that, what's happened to white chocolate?   When I was a kid white chocolate had a distinctive taste.  I got a bar of white chocolate from Lidl a couple of years ago and if I'd been blindfolded I'd have just assumed it was some dark bog-standard chocolate colour.  A few months later I got a bar of white chocolate from Aldi and that was the same.  Why bother to make white chocolate if it doesn't taste of white chocolate.  It's a disgrace!

White chocolate Magnums are still delicious, so there's that.

Can't think of the last time I area white chocolate bar though, would never even think of it.  I feel a bit sickly now you've made me think of Milky Bars... boke.

Butchers Blind

Blumf

I like the taste of Galaxy, but for some reason it fucks my throat up, so it's Cadbury's for me.

Milka if I'm feeling poncey.

Goldentony

Galaxy, have you tried that Tony's shite from Holland? tastes exactly like Galaxy, has a thing on the inside saying DER FOOKEN CHJOCOLATE ISJ IN WEIRD SHAPES INSTEAD OF UJNIFORM SWUARES COS THE FOOKEN INDUSTRYSH OF CHOCOLATE ARE BROKEN AND WE WANT TO LET EM KNOW WE LOVE EM YOU KNO

H-O-W-L

Dairy Milk. Galaxy has this weird slimy after texture.

GoblinAhFuckScary

both are plastic but galaxy is more plastic

Video Game Fan 2000

hair conditioner + gravy browning + kitchen oil = galaxy

Sad, sad day if Daily Milk has fallen so far.

Noodle Lizard

Galaxy for me, but there's not much in it. I'd take Minstrels over Buttons an' all (although Munchies win that genre overall). Toffee Crisps might be up there too, but I haven't had one in years.

Kit-Kat Chunky as well. I think Kit-Kats are American, but they don't do the Chunky out here which is utter madness and probably the worst thing America has ever done.

ProvanFan

Dairy Milk when I considered it a rivalry worth thinking about /killer over.

They're about the same now (both not wanky enough)

Kankurette

Lindt. I'm not sure what the class of Lindt is though.

daf

Voted Galaxy - which is more of a 'silk', compared to Dairy Milk's 'cotton' texture.

Quote from: Kankurette on June 12, 2021, 06:32:29 AM
Lindt. I'm not sure what the class of Lindt is though.

I'm totally hooked on these : white chocolate shell filled with a buttery vanilla cream. Box of 16 for a fiver -

(Have to limit myself to just one ball per-noshing session - total Crack-Chocaine!)

Mister Six

Galaxy's too showy. "Ooh, look at me, I'm a chocolate." Feels a bit sickly having more than just a bit.

Dairy Milk is lovely and satisfying and moreish.

But I live in America, where all the readily available "chocolate" is weird flavourless waxy shit, so honestly either would be great right now.

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Goldentony on June 12, 2021, 01:50:32 AM
Galaxy, have you tried that Tony's shite from Holland? tastes exactly like Galaxy, has a thing on the inside saying DER FOOKEN CHJOCOLATE ISJ IN WEIRD SHAPES INSTEAD OF UJNIFORM SWUARES COS THE FOOKEN INDUSTRYSH OF CHOCOLATE ARE BROKEN AND WE WANT TO LET EM KNOW WE LOVE EM YOU KNO

My kids keep buying me this stuff on account of it being a hilarious jape. I eat a few squares to keep them happy then bin the rest to make me happy.

On the Galaxy v Diary Milk front the winner is the Hershey Bar obvs.

Replies From View

Replies From View

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on June 12, 2021, 01:31:44 AM

What white chocolate brands were you enjoying as a kid?  Lidl and Aldi?  Or is this perchance not a fair test.

Chedney Honks

My mum used to get us 'Daily Milk' which was some pound shop shit. It was either that or we shared a bar so you'd rather have your own.

Used to get a Buttons egg at Easter but Galaxy seemed like a world away. Weirdly enough, it still seems like an indulgence in my head even though I regularly buy the Tony's shit or whatever wanker chocolate bar that costs ten times as much.

Mr Trumpet

Literally couldn't choose between them