Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,311
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:57:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Galaxy or Dairy Milk?

Started by Barry Admin, June 12, 2021, 12:49:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which?

Galaxy
37 (34.6%)
Dairy Milk
38 (35.5%)
Some hoity-toity expensive middle-class shit you PLEB
18 (16.8%)
Fuck off cunt
8 (7.5%)
Die peasants
0 (0%)
Haslemere the Caterpere
0 (0%)
An tSaoi
6 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 107

paruses

I know someone who keeps Double Deckers in the fridge. I don't know why we are friends.

mothman

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on June 13, 2021, 11:10:02 AM
Four pages of this.

Just saying.

We're pathetic. Can't even whip up a decent culture war.

TommyTurnips

I bought a ritter sport cornflakes bar at lidl recently. For me, cornflakes in chocolate hasn't been a thing for ages. Not since those cakes that you used to buy at school fêtes. Remember space hoppers?

touchingcloth

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on June 13, 2021, 10:36:22 AM
When did chocolate start killing dogs? Back in the 80s it wasn't a thing - we'd give our dog the strawberry and coconut ones that were left over from the big tin of Roses after Christmas, and she'd happily wolf them down, never a hint of dying, lived to be in her late teens. Are dogs just a load of snowflakes these days?

It's the cocoa that kills them rather than the chocolate per se. Sissy snowflake 80s chocolate with 5% cocoa content, I bet.

markburgle

Quote from: mothman on June 13, 2021, 11:27:54 AM
We're pathetic. Can't even whip up a decent culture war.

Not with that attitude. I'll start:

Can't eat anything these days. The fucking Guardian cucks with their Green & Blacks - so bitter and joyless like their hearts - will do anything to take away good, honest, British Dairy Milk from the man in the street, before replacing the man with a gender-neutral vegan who doesn't believe in sugar.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 13, 2021, 12:53:40 AM
What would you choose with 20p to spend, then?

Chomps have been 25p for ages (and Mrs Thatcher's long gone).
They, Freddos and Fudges etc are a great way to get rid of your spare coppers.
Makes you feel like a 10-year-old kid again when you spill the change on the counter in front of the lady on the till, and she tuts loudly and threatens to tell your mam.

Echo Valley 2-6809

Partridge's Twitter rant about the eBook of Nomad being on sale for just £1.99 is the funniest Chomp reference ever.

dissolute ocelot

Where does cooking chocolate you bought to make a cake with but couldn't be arsed and furtively consumed instead come on a scale from late April's unsold Easter eggs to work canteen 2-finger Kit Kats?

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on June 13, 2021, 10:36:22 AM
When did chocolate start killing dogs? Back in the 80s it wasn't a thing - we'd give our dog the strawberry and coconut ones that were left over from the big tin of Roses after Christmas, and she'd happily wolf them down, never a hint of dying, lived to be in her late teens. Are dogs just a load of snowflakes these days?

No mention of dogs or chocolate should go without Sophia

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Dex Sawash on June 13, 2021, 12:46:28 PM
No mention of dogs or chocolate should go without Sophia

Is that real? 

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Chedney Honks on June 13, 2021, 11:21:36 AM
I once gave another dog a Double Decker and his mouth cemented shut!

This sounds like some sort of dirty euphemism

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on June 12, 2021, 07:47:14 PM
Ok now that choco v choco is running out of steam, can I ask where folks stand on chocolate from the fridge?

Hate it.  It has to be room temperature.  (Obviously not current room temperature with it being a bit warm and that.  Although I have a window open and it's fairly cool at the moment, so yes, room temperature, just not when the room is hot.)

Glebe

"You can't beat Dairy Milk, it's the nation's favourite! Although to perfectly candid I am slightly partially to Galaxy on occasion... won't hold with that Lindt though, only for perverts!"

Kankurette

Tubdog.

Green & Black's Easter eggs are ridiculously hard. I had to smash one with a hammer once.

Sebastian Cobb

wish i'd called my brewdog thread that.

Ferris

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 13, 2021, 12:36:57 AM
I used to love a Chomp. 10p compared with the Fudge's 15p was I recall the gateway to my liking of them (3 bars instead of 2!), but then I've always liked Werther's, and would seek out the toffee sticks and pennies in tins of Quality Street.

Every so often out of nowhere I remember the issue of Viz describing Werther's Originals as "nonce nuggets" (and later as "paedo pellets") and chuckle to myself.

They're fucking inedible though, like something you line fish tanks with.

touchingcloth

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 13, 2021, 04:24:39 PM
Every so often out of nowhere I remember the issue of Viz describing Werther's Originals as "nonce nuggets" (and later as "paedo pellets") and chuckle to myself.

They're fucking inedible though, like something you line fish tanks with.

Ironically, 'nonce nuggets' sounds like an aquarium fish. "We've got guppies, some rainbowfish, some wrasses and a couple of silver nonces".

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: paruses on June 13, 2021, 11:14:42 AM
I think it's that there isn't much chocolate in over the counter chocolate. Several years ago I spent a Sunday evening walking round a vet's car park waiting for the emetic he had been given to kick in following consumption of a box of After 8s. Took ages with the vet getting increasingly nervous about taking more drastic measures. It finally kicked in and I still have the picture if anyone wants to see it (can't 100% remember why I took it).

Few days later Dog3 gobbled up a chocolate orange and I played the waiting game. Nothing happened. Since then have periodically lost various delicious treats and not been arsed (apart from treat loss).

Raisins are the real killer. Dog3 has pushed the envelope by eating two boxes of chocolate raisins almost as a taunt and have had the vet out on both occasions - what's doubly insulting about that is you end up weighing the raisins to see that they are all out. Annoyingly one or more raisins will or won't kill a dog;  very much a lottery.

I think most dog owners go from being overly cautious and panicking when their dog eats something they shouldn't to being a bit more pragmatic. When it comes to eating things they shouldn't dogs are complete idiots but most of the time they just shit it out.

Mate had to hit panic stations when their ridgeback managed to yam a whole thing of grapes in the split second they had their backs turned while unpacking the shopping though.

Replies From View

Quote from: JamesTC on June 12, 2021, 11:07:30 PM
You could fuse four fudges together.

And call it a....... Maverick

markburgle

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on June 13, 2021, 12:36:53 PM
Where does cooking chocolate you bought to make a cake with but couldn't be arsed and furtively consumed instead come on a scale from late April's unsold Easter eggs to work canteen 2-finger Kit Kats?

Considerably beneath both

markburgle

Quote from: Replies From View on June 13, 2021, 08:06:51 PM
And call it a....... Maverick

If there was a chocolate bar that was the opposite of the Maverick, possibly called Conformist or Trad, the chocolate would just be plain Dairy Milk

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: markburgle on June 13, 2021, 09:46:54 PM
If there was a chocolate bar that was the opposite of the Maverick, possibly called Conformist or Trad, the chocolate would just be plain Dairy Milk

Trad by Nestle, available in two DECENT flavours: PROPER CHOC and ORDINARY
An UNCOMPLICATED SNACK for graduates of the school of life
"That's Just How It Is" - J. Trad Smith, founder.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on June 13, 2021, 09:58:31 PM

Plain...

Blumf

Told my wife about this Tony's Chocolonely thing, and she looked them up. Turns out they've lost their slave free rating.

Worse still, they've hopped into bed with well known beer bastards BrewDog.

So you lot are worse than Nestle for recommending these shifty fucks!

markburgle

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on June 13, 2021, 09:58:31 PM

I remember the advert with Peter Sallis. He just slid that beige paper off to reveal the unmarked pale brown oblong inside, and went "Eee, that's Trad"

Video Game Fan 2000

I remember the ad where he's in a supermarket cafe and the waitress brings him a Trad and a cup of coffee, and he just looks at the coffee and then at her and shakes his head. Then she returns with a cup of tea and he say the tag line "...just like it always should be"

I loved the one where he's at the bar and he asks for a pint and a packet of crisps and they bring him a packet of prawn cocktail and a big fuck off cocktail with all fruit and brollies in it. He shakes his head and slips out into the beer garden and tucks into a Trad. Then a couple of camp blokes in flowery shirts ask him if anyone's using those chairs and he replies "yes, they've just nipped to the loo."

Replies From View

Does all Mars chocolate use the Galaxy fomula?  I was just thinking that Cadbury has its Dairy Milk, Nestle has its Yorkies - these are these brands' 'straightforward slab of chocolate' options, but Mars doesn't seem to have one apart from the Galaxy.  So is a Snickers for example coated in Galaxy chocolate?

Why weren't Cadbury's Whole Nut or Fruit 'n' Nut among the choices?

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: thecuriousorange on July 24, 2021, 11:58:04 PM
Why weren't Cadbury's Whole Nut or Fruit 'n' Nut among the choices?

sorry your bleedin' 'ighness