Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:44:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ratchet and Clank

Started by Chedney Honks, June 12, 2021, 08:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

Not my thing at all but the new game on PS5 is a hell of a demonstration of the tech. The old 'looks like a cartoon' thing is pretty applicable. It looks like a Dreamworks kids film.

Chedney Honks

I've uninstalled it and slid my PS5 down a grain silo.

Thursday

The venn diagram for this games audience is sony fanboys, tory children, and paedo furries.

7/10

beanheadmcginty

Is the name of this game a reference to the cockney rhyming slang "rattle and clank" = bank?

Chedney Honks

It's a busy bugger and very shiny but I feel like I do when watching kids telly namely shut your fucking mouths cunts.

Good job I got it digital.

Magnum Valentino

Well I for one want this game and a PS5 to play it on ,so colour me jealous awright?

brat-sampson

I played I think the PS3 one of these? Wasn't really that into it. It did look fantastic for the time but the gunplay never won me over, which is a bit weird as I loved Resistance from Insomniac pretty much *for* the gunplay.

Chedney Honks

Played another hour last night and rather got into it, reached the second area. The gameplay feels same as ever, though I have minimal experience of the series, but it's so responsive and gives lots of nice AV feedback. Story and voice work is actually quite fun and slightly funny and less annoying than I first thought.

Blue Jam

Sunset Overdrive is a lot of fun.

Chedney Honks

Just remembered I bought this one lol. Played about two hours.

Thursday

Honestly I've enjoyed previous Ratchet and Clank games, but the fact that people were going wild about this feels pretty damning about current state of Playstation titles.

And it's already in the instantly forgotten by everyone category.

Chedney Honks

Personally, Returnal and Demon's are both 9.5 games. Better than anything available on Xbox and better than any first party Nintendo shit for about two/three years.

Timothy

Miles Morales was a great game as well. As is Astro's Playroom (short but still a great platformer).

People were raving about Ratchet and Clank due to the awesome graphics and the fact the game has no loading times but besides that it's a pretty average action adventure game. And way too short (got the platinum in around 15 hours).