Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:48:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Photoshop Challenge: The DVD Collection

Started by Santa's Boyfriend, February 29, 2004, 03:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Santa's Boyfriend

It's always been one of my favourite things to do on this board - to come up with DVD covers of films that don't exist, usually based on current events.  The challenge is this:  To either mong an existing DVD or to come up with an entirely new DVD, that portrays a fictional dramatisation of an event.  

Here's some existing ones from www.santasvisionmongs.co.uk to get you going...

...granted, most of these are about the war on terror, but any subject is open...  :)

sproggy

@ssmaster

Santa's Boyfriend

good stuff!  Love the No Friends one...

sproggy

David Qunt

Quote from: "sproglette"Apologies for the low resolution

That's fantastic!

sproggy

Quote from: "David Qunt"
That's fantastic!

Cheers Qunty, much appreciated.

terminallyrelaxed

These are all brilliant, I think I might sleep on it and have a crack at this in the morning....

sproggy

terminallyrelaxed

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present my first ever mong...

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"Ladies and gentlemen, may I present my first ever mong...

Superb!!!

terminallyrelaxed

Ahh thanks! I was hoping someone would like it, I'm inordinately proud of it but then on a first go I think its best to keep thing simple.
Now I've mastered the Lassoo tool, I can have a go at text stuff; I deleted the "Keanu Reeves Al Pacino" and wanted to replace it with (obviously) "Keanu Reeves Michael Howard" but once I'd deleted it I could'nt figure out how to create something above the image. Oh well, early days and I don' think it makes much difference with this image.

sproggy

uberwhore

mook

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"Now I've mastered the Lassoo tool, I can have a go at text stuff; I deleted the "Keanu Reeves Al Pacino" and wanted to replace it with (obviously) "Keanu Reeves Michael Howard" but once I'd deleted it I could'nt figure out how to create something above the image. .

Do you mean you're unsure about how to create a new layer to work on?

If you need to make a new layer just click on the icon I've arrowed in the piccy, it adds a new layer directly above the one you were working on. Of course I'm assuming your using PS and need to make a new layer. If not feel free to tell me to fuck off and stop being such a meddling bastard.

Nice mong btw.

Mediocre Rich

terminallyrelaxed

No no thats brilliant mook, thanks, I am using Photoshop - Photoshop CS on a Mac but I've had a look and its there in the same place. Thanks for that...

terminallyrelaxed

Well, thanks to mook, here's my second effort, its a bit crap in execution I know but its more ambitious than yesterday's, and realising its late I've rushed it a bit. Anyway, enough excuses....

blue jammer

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"Well, thanks to mook, here's my second effort, its a bit crap in execution I know but its more ambitious than yesterday's, and realising its late I've rushed it a bit. Anyway, enough excuses....

TR, good stuff, keep it up!

The expression on Bez's face is priceless!!!

You could try and move Shaun's face down a wee bit, try and cover the V in the neck line a little, just a suggestion like, anyway do some more :)

Darrell

Quote from: "blue jammer"

GIMME GIMME GIMME - THE COMPLETE FIRST SERIES

terminallyrelaxed

Thanks for the input Blue Jammer, glad you liked it too!
Unfortunately that was a problem that bit, Hoffmans head was easy to cover with Bez, and I even had the image down to the (pretty much) exact scale, but then enlarged Bez again to cover dustins bouffant 'do, which is why hes a bit big, but the shapes match (its a faithful cut). Cruise howver was a nightmare. Typically.
His eighties mullet ruled out many a gurning Shaun-shot, with its whimsical windswept stray locks - I just thought 'fuck it' and just whacked an outsized Ryder on his mush.
I liked Bez's expression too. Good bloody job as there are only about 3 pictures of the bastard on the internet that I can find.

Sorry this all probably very dull for you Photostrop masters...

mook

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"). Cruise howver was a nightmare. Typically.
His eighties mullet ruled out many a gurning Shaun-shot, with its whimsical windswept stray locks - I just thought 'fuck it' and just whacked an outsized Ryder on his mush.

Use  the clone tool (Press 'S'")and healing brush (Press 'I') to "paint" areas of the background over the unwanted bits of in this case Cruise's mullet. Just ,make sure that you're working on the right layer.

This is for PS6, but I'm certain the procedure is the same in PS7 and PScs.

terminallyrelaxed

Thanks Mook! I'll give that a try later.
Now, anyone, something I've been meaning to ask one of the designers at work; when you're 'lassooing" with the free-hand type lassoo, how do you let go of the mouse without it closing the loop? Is it holding down the Apple key? (On a Mac, obviously).
Sorry, maybe I should just feck off and learn it through the tutorials....

fanny splendid

To stop and start, hold down the option key before you start your selection.

To add to that selection, hold down the shift key, then begin the new selection.

To subtract from the selection, hold down the option key, then select what you want to be removed.

To then select a part of whatever selection is left, hold down both the shift, and the option keys.