Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,476
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:07:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Eega (2012) - Insane Indian Film About A Murderous Fly

Started by Small Man Big Horse, June 13, 2021, 04:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

Nani (played by an actor only known as Nani himself) was stalking Bindu (Samantha Akkineni) for nigh on two years before she decided she liked him, but unfortunately that very night a criminal property tycoon, Sudeep (Kiccha Sudeepa), also fancies her and is jealous and so brutally murders Nani - only for him to be reincarnated as a fly! From then on in this is absurd, delightful madness, almost up there with Crank 2 when it comes to the insanity of the film, it doesn't quite have that film's pace but it's impressively inventive as Nani-Fly bugs the shit out of Sudeep and causes him an enormous amount of pain and misery, especially as everyone around him thinks he's losing his mind.
Spoiler alert
Nani even bursts in to song about what a fucking awesome fly he is at one point, there's an amazing fly based training montage, a huge amount of mental action scenes, and it's heavily insinuated that by the end of the film Nani-Fly and Bindu are fucking, and if that doesn't persuade you to watch it, well, at one point Sudeep gets a satanic type to make two birds evil in the hope they'll kill Nani-Fly, and that's not even the maddest thing which happens in the film (though it's close, admittedly).
[close]
So as you might have guessed I loved this to pieces, it's one of the most ridiculously enjoyable films I've seen in ages and the two hours twenty minute running time just flew by. 8.8/10

Mister Six

Went looking for the trailer and it looks like the whole thing is up on YouTube, albeit dubbed and with ads: https://youtu.be/keW2o-ORifc

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Mister Six on June 14, 2021, 01:33:38 AM
Went looking for the trailer and it looks like the whole thing is up on YouTube, albeit dubbed and with ads: https://youtu.be/keW2o-ORifc

It appears to be 25 minutes shorter too, I checked the ending and it's as it was in the movie so something else must be missing.

Blumf

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Blumf on June 14, 2021, 10:50:34 AM
No relation to Richard Kiel monster movie Eegah?

It isn't but that does look ridiculous too and so I might give it a shot at some point.

Blumf

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on June 14, 2021, 11:57:22 AM
It isn't but that does look ridiculous too and so I might give it a shot at some point.

It is very bad, might want to skip straight to the MST3K version.