Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:30:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Riders Republic

Started by mobias, June 13, 2021, 05:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobias

New trailer out for the delayed Ubisoft spiritual successor to Steep. Looks great fun. 120 online player downhill mountain bike racing sounds like it could be total mayhem. I applaud Ubisoft for doing something a bit different and seeing there was potential in Steep if it was given a bigger team and budget. Steep never quite wanted to seem like it was ripping off SSX. This seems much more confident in wearing its influence on its sleeve.

Count me in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPG1UIJjcks&t=148s

Bazooka

It does look fun, I like the look of the first person biking, the hub shit and zany characters are atrocious but that's the name of the game these days and I'm not the demographic. The gameplay does look simply fun though.

I liked steep but quit on those God forsaken down hill through forest sections.

mobias

Yeah the whole dudecore thing is totally naff and seems to plague any game of this type. The game looks like quality OTT fun though. I like the idea of team based co-op freestyle snowboarding.

Barry Admin

Fucking hell this looks brilliant, I want it!

madhair60

The cycling stuff looks really intense

Neomod

Quote from: mobias on June 13, 2021, 05:41:04 PM
New trailer out for the delayed Ubisoft spiritual successor to Steep.

Steep any good? I liked the look of the trailer and it's just come to the xbox gamepass.

BeardFaceMan

I really wanted to like Steep but couldn't get into it at all, probably because I'd been rinsing SSX so hard around that time. In comparison it was so slow and nowhere near as fun as SSX. This RR game looks the tits though, definitely be giving this a try.