Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:59:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Delay to 21st June easing

Started by Fambo Number Mive, June 14, 2021, 06:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Whilst I agree with the delay, there needs to be proper financial support for all businesses and workers who will be affected by this. The government that can find £200m for a new yacht, lead by the man who spunked £53m (£43m from public financies) on a Garden Bridge that never happened, has no excuse for not ensuring that every pub, every restaurant, every theatre, every nightclub, every employee affected, gets enough money to keep them solvent for at least the next four weeks.

I presume the Tory rebels won't be large enough to stop this going through the Commons, as all the other parties (except perhaps the DUP) will back it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I hate the media construction 'Freedom Day' and I hope the remaining easings aren't all done in one go but staggered in such a manner that it will mean virtually nothing by the end. Fuck Gammon Day, Mass Grave Day, AIDS Day, Dogshit Eating Day. Let's just continue doing the right thing and be genuinely thankful for the actual work that has made a brighter future seem possible.

Personally, I'm planning to continue things like sanitising and in certain spaces mask wearing in the winter which now just seems obvious.

Fambo Number Mive

The whole "Freedom Day" messaging is very concerning. Already it's clear that less people are wearing masks on the buses. You get people who get on, put their mask under their chin and then stuff themselves with food for a 15 minute bus ride. A lot of people think it's over despite the rise in cases as all they see is the front pages of the tabloids saying "Freedom Day".

If mask wearing was enforced better would we be in this mess? But I don't know how it can be enforced better. Rightly we allow people who cannot wear a mask not to, but what stops people who just don't want to wear a mask to say they are exempt? Who should be enforcing it? Bus drivers aren't able to.

Perhaps we would have been able to release restrictions now if India was put on the red list at the same time as Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Hope all the White Rose COVID deniers dickheads don't kick off.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 14, 2021, 06:05:04 PM
Whilst I agree with the delay, there needs to be proper financial support for all businesses and workers who will be affected by this. The government that can find £200m for a new yacht, lead by the man who spunked £53m (£43m from public financies) on a Garden Bridge that never happened, has no excuse for not ensuring that every pub, every restaurant, every theatre, every nightclub, every employee affected, gets enough money to keep them solvent for at least the next four weeks.

I presume the Tory rebels won't be large enough to stop this going through the Commons, as all the other parties (except perhaps the DUP) will back it.

Even that club in that infamous CaB photo?

Fambo Number Mive

I'm not sure which one you mean.

Weddings and funerals will have some restrictions removed:

QuoteThis is except for weddings and funerals that can still go ahead with more than 30 guests provided social distancing remains in place.

Pilot events like Euro 2020 and some theatrical performances can continue, he says.

There will be a review after two weeks and the government reserves the possibility to lift all restrictions then.

Wonder if he'll lift everything in two weeks because he's worried about becoming unpopular and being unable to go to a strip club.

BritishHobo

What a shock, unforeseeable decision to have to have made...

Quote from: BritishHobo on February 22, 2021, 10:08:38 PM
Bold move to name a specific date with 21st June, even with the addendum of 'at the earliest'. A lot of people are gonna have their eyes on that date now, and I can't imagine there'll be a lot of understanding if it whizzes by with England still in lockdown.

Piss off ordinary people who had their hopes set, galvanise the conspiracy theorists who believe 'The Powers That Be' want eternal lockdown, and further erode the likelihood that people will actually bother to stick to the rules at all.

Delaying the date is the right decision, but as with locking down at Christmas, it's a decision that should have been made early, rather than promising the nation a lovely time and then whipping it away as you were so obviously going to have to do all along. It's such a patently self-defeating thing to do, with absolutely no tangible benefit to anyone. Boris once again holding off the tough choices in favour of temporary goodwill which will only get pissed away faster when he inevitably has to make the hard choice anyway.

Spineless, wobbly little toad of a man. At least Mark Drakeford has the balls to do things he knows will make him hated.

Dr Rock

GIVE ME MORE MONEY SUNAK YOU BASTARD

Fambo Number Mive

Of course the second question is from GB fucking News.

Surprisingly, the two questions he asks aren't awful either. Unless Number 10 asked him to ask them or something.

Fambo Number Mive

Johnson has a colossal admiration for Andrew Lloyd Wanker? Takes one to know one, I suppose.

George Oscar Bluth II

Johnson, the cunt, pretended you can have an "amber list" of countries you can sort of go to and we'll trust you to quarantine at home. Didn't work did it.

Hope the trade deal with India is worth it.

peanutbutter

Too much shit reopened in May, I'm still not totally sure what "FREEDOM DAY" even means to the kind of Express reading cunts lapping it up, basically everything they can do within England is already doable, innit? Are they thinking the UK being fully reopened means they can travel to wherever abroad?

I do wonder how heavily this must fuck a lot of clubs and such, so many places had sold a LOT of tickets to things in late June and presumably now instead the opening events are just gonna be... whatever random shite they had on July 19th? Kinda bizarre so few seemed to take a cautious approach to it though, I guess they were thinking they needed to get as much money as possible before a possible lockdown after the reopening results in a surge

Anyways, the closer I got to June 21st the more I realised I'm not gonna enjoy the first patch of events and shit reopened cos it's gonna bring out the absolute worst in the biggest wankers going and take a while to settle down, isn't it? So I'm personally not too bothered just yet

Cuntbeaks

Freedom Day?

Absolute top tier Shit For Cunts.

What type of inbred cunt believes that the end of the virus is heralded by a fucking date?

The sooner that THE CUNT that is Boris dies screaming in fucking agony, the better.

bgmnts

Didn't these cunts try to mark our economic destruction via withdrawal from the EU as being our 'Independence Day'? Or was that just a cunt Farage thing?

George Oscar Bluth II

No there was a thing in Parliament Square wasn't there, they turned Big Ben back on for it too. Meanwhile Wuhan was locked down. Wonder if anyone was paying attention.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 14, 2021, 06:38:22 PM
Johnson has a colossal admiration for Andrew Lloyd Wanker? Takes one to know one, I suppose.

Surely Andrew Lloyd Wanker could just steal a dead classical composer's notes and write "Captain Tom, Superman" or some similarly S4C production, with or without a cameo performance from the Eggchocter.

Fambo Number Mive

They need to extend furlough until 2022 and scrap the plans to have employers cover part of the cost from July.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 15, 2021, 06:12:26 AM
They need to extend furlough until 2022 and scrap the plans to have employers cover part of the cost from July.

You sound like an effective opposition leader compared to the drip we have

bomb_dog

Talk of 19th July being 'terminus' and the country being thrown to the wolves next month. Keep them masks on lads

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 15, 2021, 07:05:42 AM
You sound like an effective opposition leader compared to the drip we have

Very happy to take over in that token if I can job share.

Fambo Number Mive

Less people wearing masks on the bus now. I know some people are unable to but youd think the ones who can would think "if I have to wait another four weeks to go to a cinema/nightclub/orgy because of rising cases of this new varient maybe I should wear a mask to help lower cases".

Would help if the bus driver opened a couple of windows at the beginning of each trip as well
Is that unreasonable?

metaltax

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 15, 2021, 07:33:48 AM
youd think the ones who can would think...

I might have thought that once, but not after the last 15 months. All this pandemic has done is brought out the most selfish, bullish behaviour in the worst of people. I'm only sorry that applying further restrictions means they'll likely suffer no consequences for their shitty attitude.

BlodwynPig

Less people wearing masks on the bus now. I know some people are unable to but youd think the ones who can would think "if I have to wait another four weeks to go to a cinema/nightclub/orgy because of rising cases of this new varient maybe I should wear a mask to help lower cases".

Would help if the bus driver opened a couple of windows at the beginning of each trip as well
Is that unreasonable?

You know you can ask the driver to chuck them off and also open windows yourself. The other day a woman got on without a mask and the driver asked politely about wearing a mask. She started effing and blinding so he closed the doors and drove off. I had my middle finger displayed to her as we drove past. No surrender.

Fambo Number Mive

I do open the windows where I can, but it's difficult to do both decks.

Bus drivers round here don't ask if someone is exempt whenever they get on, there is no enforcement whatsoever of the face mask rule. Even though I triple mask (two double layered cloth masks over a disposable mask) it still makes me nervous.

Sebastian Cobb

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 15, 2021, 08:06:54 AM
You know you can ask the driver to chuck them off and also open windows yourself. The other day a woman got on without a mask and the driver asked politely about wearing a mask. She started effing and blinding so he closed the doors and drove off. I had my middle finger displayed to her as we drove past. No surrender.

Beautiful, vivid. I enjoyed this.

Norton Canes

Gove: "Hindsight, 20/20 vision gives all of us an opportunity to look back and to say 'if only', but we've got to make the decision at the time, on the basis of the evidence that we have."

Might want to check if hindsight and 20/20 vision mean the same thing

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteCabinet minister Michael Gove says "it's certainly the day when we will move to stage 4, yeah" when asked by BBC Breakfast's Dan Walker if 19 July is definitely the day restrictions will stop.

Not the best idea for Gove to sound so confident about moving to stage 4 on the 19th July. I suppose they don't want people to think we will be in stage 3 for months.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Norton Canes on June 15, 2021, 10:17:34 AM
Gove: "Hindsight, 20/20 vision gives all of us an opportunity to look back and to say 'if only', but we've got to make the decision at the time, on the basis of the evidence that we have."

Might want to check if hindsight and 20/20 vision mean the same thing

Probably got that George Benson tune stuck in his head.

George Oscar Bluth II

Is that unreasonable?

Because I'm an insane person and there was no-one else on board when I got on I opened every window on the train the other day. Just basic stuff, why aren't the companies doing it themselves? In 25C heat! Not like anyone is gonna freeze to death lads!