Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,476
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:06:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Baynham interview with Guardian covering Morris among other things

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, June 15, 2021, 09:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Barry Admin

Good read, thank you. Awww he comes across as just a lovely bloke, still. I finished the article feeling really happy that he's found so much success. He's just a relatable guy, happy to talk about how insecure he was round all the more established writers and performers, and how satisfying it was to make them laugh.

buttgammon

Nice little article which makes me feel better for wasting office printer paper (although the chances of bumping into Armando Iannucci at the printer here are minimal).

thundarrshirt

Quote"If someone shares your sense of humour, it makes you funnier," he says. "In my merchant navy days, I'd do six-month trips with these scary, racist men who just thought I was weird, and so I wouldn't be funny the entire time. Then I get in that room with Steve and he's crying with laughter because I've said 'the boys are back in the barracks', and I think: 'I'm so happy!'"

Very sweet and relatable for a man talkin' testes

Quote from: Papercut on June 15, 2021, 01:28:24 PM
Has anyone given the podcast a go yet:

https://www.braincigar.com/

subscribed via Apple Podcasts and listened to the trailer, which had me laughing in under 5 seconds. Excited for this!

mobias

Yeah I caught that interview. I thought it was interesting that the controversy over Brass Eye clearly effected him.

Gurke and Hare

How can you have an interview that seems to be some sort of overview of his career without once mentioning his work with Lee & Herring? Especially as it remains by some way the funniest stuff he's ever done.

turnstyle

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on June 17, 2021, 12:11:36 AM
How can you have an interview that seems to be some sort of overview of his career without once mentioning his work with Lee & Herring? Especially as it remains by some way the funniest stuff he's ever done.

Not a single mention of Donny Oddlegs either.

FUCKING OUTRAGEOUS.

Spiral King

Morris has never had a better co-writer than Baynham. They really should work together again.

Shaky

Quote from: Spiral King on June 20, 2021, 07:11:43 PM
Morris has never had a better co-writer than Baynham. They really should work together again.

Interesting that Baynham's new podcast really harks back to their interplay on the Music Shows, just without Morris this time.

Ambient Sheep

Really great to find out that he was responsible for the

Quote...sketch about an infestation of horses on the London Underground. In fact, he briefly cornered the market in equine humour by coming up with the names of thoroughbreds for the programme's racing commentary, among them Trust Me I'm a Stomach and Massive Bereavement.

Two of my favourite bits.  "Blind tube mare" will never leave me.

I wonder if he did Bomb Dogs too?