Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:04:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

So, Met Police - I hear you're (still) institutionally corrupt these days?

Started by studpuppet, June 15, 2021, 01:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

studpuppet

https://www.danielmorganpanel.independent.gov.uk/

QuoteThe family of Daniel Morgan has suffered grievously as a consequence of the failure to
bring his murderer or murderers to justice, the unwarranted assurances which they were
given, the misinformation which was put into the public domain, and the denial of the
failings in investigation, including failing to acknowledge professional incompetence,
individuals' venal behaviour, and managerial and organisational failures.

We believe that concealing or denying failings, for the sake of an organisation's public
image is dishonesty on the part of the organisation for reputational benefit, and
constitutes a form of institutional corruption.

Patel gets a wrist-slap as well:

QuoteAgain at the last minute, and very much to our surprise, the Home Secretary informed us
she would not publish our report in Parliament until she and her officials had time to read
it to ensure the report did not give rise to any issues under Article 2 of the European
Convention on Human Rights, or on National Security grounds.

We do not wish to rehearse the discussions which subsequently took place, other to say
how disappointed we were that the Home Secretary chose to adopt this stance when she
did. We are unaware of any such intervention previously.

We do not believe the Home Secretary's approach was justified in this case.

robhug

The podcast "UNTOLD The Daniel Morgan Murder" is excellent.

Only person with the political umph to get all these trial's collapsing or reports delayed is Murdoch. If it was police corruption they'd have just thrown them under the bus in the 30 years since.