Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,400
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:15:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lamest Puns in Music

Started by BJBMK2, June 15, 2021, 03:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phantom_power

That took me longer to work out than it should

purlieu

Ash - Nu Clear Sounds
The Orb - U.F.Orb, Orbus Terrarum, Orblivion, Orbisionia, Orban Tumbleweed, Orbsessions, The Orbserver in the Star House, More Tales from the Orbservatory, The Aubrey Mixes, A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From The Centre Of The Ultraworld (Orbital Mix), Towers Of Dub (Live Orbient), Orbscure Tracks. Yes, Alex, we get it.

BeardFaceMan

NOFX have a lyric on their latest album that goes -

I was battened down with minor chords
As we set sail into the dark and sharpest sea

And on the word "sea" the music changes to a C#m chord. I applaud the effort, but who ever described the sea as being 'sharp'?

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on June 17, 2021, 12:35:28 PM
NOFX have a lyric on their latest album that goes -

I was battened down with minor chords
As we set sail into the dark and sharpest sea

And on the word "sea" the music changes to a C#m chord. I applaud the effort, but who ever described the sea as being 'sharp'?

Should have gone to a C♭, sure it would have sounded terrible, but, flat sea, you get those. Kinda. Dunno if they'd b natural.

I'm so funneh!

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on June 17, 2021, 12:43:49 PM
Should have gone to a C♭, sure it would have sounded terrible, but, flat sea, you get those. Kinda. Dunno if they'd b natural.

I'm so funneh!

Would have fit perfectly with their latest album then. We're long past the days where Fat Mike could come up with corkers like "No longer svelte, they gotta punch new holes in the Bible Belt".

shagatha crustie

How about United Acid Emirates under BEST

idunnosomename

Quote from: OnlyRegisteredSoICanRead on June 17, 2021, 12:43:49 PM

I'm so funneh!
put it in H!

jobotic

Mr Banlon

Quote from: purlieu on June 17, 2021, 12:25:09 PM
Ash - Nu Clear Sounds
The Orb - U.F.Orb, Orbus Terrarum, Orblivion, Orbisionia, Orban Tumbleweed, Orbsessions, The Orbserver in the Star House, More Tales from the Orbservatory, The Aubrey Mixes, A Huge Ever Growing Pulsating Brain That Rules From The Centre Of The Ultraworld (Orbital Mix), Towers Of Dub (Live Orbient), Orbscure Tracks. Yes, Alex, we get it.

You've gotta admit 'Pomme Fritz' is an absolute belter

weaseldust

Quote from: The Mollusk on June 16, 2021, 10:01:37 PM
Doesn't work if you say it out loud though. BIN.

yes it does. how doesn't it work? bin you

Brundle-Fly

For years, I had an idea for a B Sides compilation title for The Nutty Boys. Madness Finally Flip, or Madness are B Side Themselves but this is so much better.

Chicory

pupshaw

Quote from: non capisco on June 17, 2021, 12:16:30 AM
That was latter day Paul McCartney, wasn't it? I remember imagining him pleading his wife to plant a series of little smackers on his sagging old aris. "You can do it right now, pleeeeeeease."

Unless I missed something, this is a quote from a very old song though isn't it?

I'm gonna sit right down and write myself a letter
And make believe it came from you
I'm gonna write words, oh, so sweet
They're gonna knock me off my feet
Kisses on the bottom
I'll be glad I've got 'em

Dusty Substance

Ohm Sweet Ohm by Kraftwerk

phantom_power

fahren, fahren, fahren auf der Autobahn

KennyMonster

Quote from: Dusty Substance on June 15, 2021, 07:26:50 PM

Carter USM had a whole bunch of puns for their songs and albums - 101 Damnations, The Only Living Boy In New Cross,  The Road to Domestos, The Taking of Peckham 123, Surfin' USM....

Quote from: studpuppet on June 15, 2021, 10:20:58 PM
24 Hours From Tulse Hill!

You want more Carter puns, get into the lyrics, they're everywhere, and I love them for it.

Anyway
EMF - Schubert Dip
Guitarist/Songwriter Ian Dench would always look to the music of Schubert if he was stuck for a chord progression.

Bently Sheds

Wasn't there a band called The Coal Porters?

kalowski

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on June 21, 2021, 04:59:29 PM

It's actually very clever. The guitarist was called Tony Stotty and this is "Stony Stottie"

JesusAndYourBush

purlieu

Had to look that up to get what it was meant to be. FML.

Captain Z

DJ John "00" Fleming for a long time associated himself with the sub-genre known as psy-trance. He released two mix compilations with terrible pun titles:

For Your Ears Only
Licensed To Thrill

but I cannot believe it never occurred to him to make it a trio with "The Psy Who Loved Me".

purlieu

Quote from: Captain Z on June 22, 2021, 05:40:04 PM
DJ John "00" Fleming for a long time associated himself with the sub-genre known as psy-trance. He released two mix compilations with terrible pun titles:

For Your Ears Only
Licensed To Thrill

but I cannot believe it never occurred to him to make it a trio with "The Psy Who Loved Me".
Oh bloody hell, this has sent me down a Pete Namlook hole, because it reminded me of these:

And then his Dark Side of the Moog collabs with Klaus Schulze, with track titles like 'The Final DAT' and 'Obscured by Klaus'...