Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 07:07:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cult shows

Started by Leej88, June 16, 2021, 07:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 17, 2021, 02:58:54 PM
What about cult comedians? Anyone know this guy called Michael McSomething? I forget his name but he does this routine about a drawer. I know this is a long shot but any help IDing him would be appreciated.

I think your autocorrect kicked in there, you actually meant he was a cult comedian... dammit, it's happened to me too!

EDIT: Everyone has a mandrawer new page.

Malcy

Quote from: mothman on June 17, 2021, 07:28:35 PM
I think your autocorrect kicked in there, you actually meant he was a cult comedian... dammit, it's happened to me too!

EDIT: Everyone has a mandrawer new page.

Was a very big hater of that F'ing Cult( happened to me too!) but his Saturday night show thingy was funny/heartwarming/a bit pish in equal measures and I enjoyed his schtick.

mothman

Quote from: Malcy on June 17, 2021, 07:55:37 PM
Was a very big hater of that F'ing Cult( happened to me too!) but his Saturday night show thingy was funny/heartwarming/a bit pish in equal measures and I enjoyed his schtick.

He's a twat light entertainment television presenter, not a comedian. People can be both - Bob Monkhouse, for example, though I think thirty-odd years of crap game shows made people forget. The cult in question, his material is unoriginal and his delivery wooden... hmm. This is CaB. Why am I suddenly stating the bleedin' obvious about

Quote from: Stewart LeeMichael fucking Macintyre?!

Blue Jam

tbf I think the Man Drawer routine is perfectly fine. I have a drawer full of keys to locks from flats I no longer live in, tools which have no apparent use, and instruction manuals which jam up the Man Drawer, I can relate.

I guess The Man Drawer is the original White Woman's Instagram.

mothman

I have man drawers everywhere. There's one specifically FOR instruction manuals. Every so often I go in to look for something, and discard several leaflets or pamphlets for things we don't have anymore.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Great, now this thread has turned into a Michael Macintyre tribute thread. I just hope you're happy, Leejfucking88.

mippy

I have man drawer but also bobs and vagene?

Dr Rock

Police Squad! was a cult show for a while

Leej88

My intention was for a serious thread

Fambo Number Mive

What makes a show a cult show? Is it a show which isn't well advertised or reviewed but is very popular among the public?

Mr Banlon

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Shaky

shiftwork2

Hart to Hart with John Nettles.

idunnosomename

Robot cop (robotic police officer show)

SpiderChrist

Tonight Live With Dan Wootton

pigamus

paruses

Peep Show? Always thought it did at best average on ratings but really well in dvd sales. It also seems like people have heard of it or not unlike say Friends or Mrs Brown's Boys, say even if they've never watched it.