Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:34:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

ALW definitely might make stand for freedums but won't

Started by paruses, June 19, 2021, 09:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paruses

I am sure there is a thread for this but can't find it and am on my phone so everything is 10x too fiddly but Lloyd Webber is still posturing to be a martyr for the theater world except he won't:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-57530408.amp

This can be a one post thread because it's all so obvious but he's willing to be arrested (but now isn't) because that would inconvenience him. And also with a criminal record would he be fucked for going Merica in the future? What boiled my piss was everyone attending plus cast and crew plus theater staff could be fined £500 EACH. That's something he's not willing to risk for their sake - I imagine he could pay all their fines with his debit card and still have enough for a slap up meal - but won't.

I think I might be quite irritable today. Sorry I can't quote the bit.

shiftwork2

The impact on musical theatre has made me really peeved with the pandemic.  I mean I was just about tolerating it but this is the last straw.

Not sure whether I would prefer to see Lloyd Webber's head on a spike or a plate.  Might have to sit down and think that one over.

imitationleather

Andrew Lloyd Webber's head on a plate would put you off food forever.

It's the diet plan that food companies don't want you to know about!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Kankurette

Quote from: shiftwork2 on June 19, 2021, 11:39:11 AM
The impact on musical theatre has made me really peeved with the pandemic.  I mean I was just about tolerating it but this is the last straw.

Not sure whether I would prefer to see Lloyd Webber's head on a spike or a plate.  Might have to sit down and think that one over.
The spike.