Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:49:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Worst Film of 2021

Started by Leej88, June 19, 2021, 08:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

We should get a movie section...

wooders1978

It's possibly a bit harsh but I really didn't enjoy "the dig" very, very boring

sevendaughters

Hopefully this thread gets moved in time because I have seen a contender - Me, Myself and Di.

It's the type of film that is a proper film with actual actors you've heard of - Larry Lamb, Will Mellor, James Lance - that never breaks through at the cinema and never gets reviewed in mainstream outlets because they're low ambition broadcoms designed to wind up on some crap channel late at night. Its whole existence in the cinema is actually an advert for its release on DVD (today).

Until COVID that is, and The Guardian gave it a review: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/jun/08/me-myself-and-di-review-miserably-unfunny-romcom-about-boltons-bridget-jones

I've seen it. All I'll say about why is that these are the kind of films that you see if i. you work at the ratings board or in the industry itself ii. you're a particular kind of British comedy fan or iii. you're related to one of the cast.

It's Pygmalion at a British holiday camp in a liberal era where Pygmalion isn't a positive message and totally bereft of jokes. It is a weirdly sour and nasty piece, full of jokes that might have had a better home in the 70s, but delivered in that detached modern voice, so everything seems pitched at a constant level of sneering at everything.

Here's the trailer. It contains much of the best of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUjgHl45Th4

Here's another review: https://www.heyuguys.com/me-myself-and-di-review/

Not the worst thing I'll ever see as I don't do extreme horror anymore, but I expect to see nothing as bad as this all year.

Leej88

That sci fi Bruce Willis film looks awful.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: sevendaughters on June 21, 2021, 10:16:09 AM
Hopefully this thread gets moved in time because I have seen a contender - Me, Myself and Di.
The male lead seemingly being played by someone called Tyger Drew-Honey is significantly more strange, poetic, and funny than anything I imagine is in the film. *Phones up Judith Kerr's agent*

paruses

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on June 22, 2021, 05:12:59 PM
The male lead seemingly being played by someone called Tyger Drew-Honey is significantly more strange, poetic, and funny than anything I imagine is in the film. *Phones up Judith Kerr's agent*
Standard Gary Oldman/Big Mo statement - he's Ben Dover's son.

lipsink

Thunder Force is definitely a contender. Not even enjoyable bad. Just shit.

evilcommiedictator

Army of the Dead by Zack Snyder was absolute garbage, film could have been half its 148m length and been better