Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:49:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Triple Jabber

Started by Chedney Honks, June 19, 2021, 09:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chedney Honks

Seems my mate GP has made a mistake and he's been offered a third jab four weeks after his second.

Will this overlevel his protection? What's the downside? What's the upside?

I assume it's not been tested much but my main concern is can I try to wangle it as well because we go to the same GP?

Anyone here heard of similar?

Harry Badger

If you have enough jabs, eventually you will become the virus.

Icehaven

This is confusing, is your mate a GP or is that his initials?

BlodwynPig

's

S dropoff :))) get it?!

Glebe

He might turn into Captain America or summit.

chveik

i think it's pointless unless you have some sort of immunodeficiency

shiftwork2

If 'my mate' is you then try and wangle it because it may be fatal,.

Chedney Honks

Quote from: icehaven on June 19, 2021, 10:20:36 PM
This is confusing, is your mate a GP or is that his initials?

Both, but it's an autocorrect error.

Quote from: Glebe on June 19, 2021, 11:01:30 PM
He might turn into Captain America or summit.

That would be just desserts as he often moans about those hero movies. Bad luck buddy, you are one now!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Chedney Honks on June 20, 2021, 05:19:18 AM
Both, but it's an autocorrect error.

But it elicited my joke of the year which none of you got. Divvies

Glebe

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: Harry Badger on June 19, 2021, 10:15:10 PM
If you have enough jabs, eventually you will become the virus.

Jaz Coleman considers rewrite.

Kankurette

No. I could have had a third jab but the trial people advised against it.

kalowski

Chedney's mate, yesterday.

Cold Meat Platter

Ferris

Bit of a cunts trick nicking an extra jab just to make yourself a mega monster, no?

Chedney Honks

My spoke to another GP mate about TJ and she advised him no.

Will a booster take a different form then? It's not just a third jab?

I don't really pay any attention to this stuff since getting the second jab. I do my best to keep others safe, obviously wear mask and stuff, and we just do what we want otherwise. Pretty happy to be honest. Hope things get better quickly for those struggling with this.

Ferris

Well the two shots seems to do the business in terms of protection, but no one knows how long for. It's at least 6 months and probably longer but depending on how quickly the virus mutates and how long it remains a concern, boosters might be annual, or every 5 years, or never.

I believe the flu virus (and possibly all other rhinoviruses?) mutate like mad so we get flu jabs annually, coronaviruses don't mutate as readily (but the incubation pool for this one is massive so it's less likely to change but has more opportunity in case it fancies it).

This has all been pulled directly from my arse so take it with kilos of salt. Zetetic would be your man for actual answers.

Zetetic

I know enough to correct Blodwyn's joke (I believe it should be "drop-out") but fuck all beyond that - I'd bet on Blodwyn or steveh, these days.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Zetetic on June 20, 2021, 05:36:15 PM
I know enough to correct Blodwyn's joke (I believe it should be "drop-out") but fuck all beyond that - I'd bet on Blodwyn or steveh, these days.

Yes, i realised i mistyped but suspected only a few would notice.

Not on the vaccine side. Steveh might have some references for you.

steveh

Haven't come across anything on three doses so I can't help there.

There is a study taking place on boosters: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/world-first-covid-19-vaccine-booster-study-launches-in-uk.

Mister Six

Quote from: Chedney Honks on June 20, 2021, 04:05:32 PM
Will a booster take a different form then? It's not just a third jab?

I think the point is that tests on booster jabs (their necessity and efficacy) are still ongoing, so it's best not to fuck around outside of lab conditions. Plus, a booster jab comes 6 or more months after your second jab, not a month or two, which might lead to further complications that the lab tests won't be picking up.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Amazing just how many people who had both jabs by April haven't worked out it isn't like the measles jab and no, it won't give you protection for the next 10 years. We need to be frogmarching them into the jab pods like mental vaccine hitlers

Ferris

Chedney Honks

Buddy says he wanna shoot the trey against all advice. Buddy says he can't stop thinking when his dog ate batteries and became SUPERDOG. My GP mate GP says the system gonna cockblock regardless. There's no more-n two gaps on the card and Buddy got filled up. We're at what Buddy likes to call an impasse impassible. Do it for Science, ol' Buddy. Go and see your mama in heaven.

mothman

What would happen if you were already double-jabbed with one, and then went in to get a full vaccination if another? Like if I with my AZ then had two shots of Modena?

non capisco

Quote from: mothman on June 21, 2021, 11:52:47 PM
What would happen if you were already double-jabbed with one, and then went in to get a full vaccination if another? Like if I with my AZ then had two shots of Modena?

Congratulations, your dick is now rotating and detachable.

MojoJojo

Have you seen Akira?

steveh

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on June 21, 2021, 08:14:30 PM
Amazing just how many people who had both jabs by April haven't worked out it isn't like the measles jab and no, it won't give you protection for the next 10 years.

We don't actually know that yet. People who had the original SARS still have protection 10+ years on that's sufficient to prevent severe disease. The research tracking people who had the Pfizer jab in early trials show the protection holding up extremely well. It could be that two doses is enough to stop you getting badly ill for many years though before then you might then be able to pass it on again but until we reach that time we won't know.

They have been trials of two doses of different vaccine types which have shown it giving better protection than with just one type.

Vaccine escape is the biggest worry for needing a follow-up dose, though the virus seems to have less evolutionary space for doing that than for increasing transmission.

idunnosomename

Go into the centre and just fuckin roll about till you look like a hedgehog RAARRRGH I AM VAXMAN