Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:58:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Uberduck (text-to-speech voice website)

Started by Tikwid, June 20, 2021, 05:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikwid

https://uberduck.ai

Felt this deserved its own thread outside of the tech subforum, although move it to there or HS Art if be need be. Recently there's been a big surge of interest in text-to-speech voice generation, especially for the voices of celebrities and fictional characters. The technology behind it isn't anything too new, it's just become more accessible both in terms of using it and the voices on offer. This website is a prime example - you select a voice out of the hundreds they have available (with more added almost daily), type in what you want, and hit the synthesise button. The quality's a little up and down, sometimes you have to type in the sentence phonetically to get the right pronounciation, sometimes the voice just devolves into glossolalia halfway through, but when it works it has an almost uncanny feeling in the way it captures the nuances of a particular voice. It also raises big questions about the ethics of the technology, especially when it features the voices of people who have long since passed away, but of course nothing beats the novelty of making slebs say dumb shit. For instance:

- A surprising announcement from Jezza
- Keanu Reeves shows off his knowledge of Last of the Summer Wine lore
- Wallace: the nu metal years
- Interesting new direction for Picard season 2

Cold Meat Platter

My question about he latest episode of Gamesack is answered.

Johnny Yesno

It's a shame you have to sign up to use it.

I wanted to hear Stimpy saying the following:

QuoteI believe in one secret and ineffable LORD; and in one Star in the Company of Stars of whose fire we are created, and to which we shall return; and in one Father of Life, Mystery of Mystery, in His name CHAOS, the sole viceregent of the Sun upon the Earth; and in one Air the nourisher of all that breathes.
And I believe in one Earth, the Mother of us all, and in one Womb wherein all men are begotten, and wherein they shall rest, Mystery of Mystery, in Her name BABALON.

Still, I got to hear Sir David Attenborough say it instead using this service: https://vo.codes/

He can make anything soothing.