Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:14:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lamest Punks in Music

Started by Pauline Walnuts, June 21, 2021, 11:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on June 27, 2021, 08:44:23 PM
I thought "wednesday week" means something that's not going to happen.

"It's not going to happen, happen, happen none of the time..."

Why can't I touch it? Is my fave from singles going steady. In spite of being introduced to it by sub animal house film Party Animal (maybe because of it).

Wednesday Week is fine as it is. Reflected teenage heartache perfectly.

Kankurette

Still mad that I got a migraine during their last Rebellion set and had to leave. Stupid head.

Mr Gruts

Star Trek IV associate producer, Kirk Thatcher, wrote and recorded "I Hate You" in 24 hours and also played the "Punk On Bus."
"We shot the scene with no sound – there was no music playing. I was just miming to a beat. After we wrapped the movie, the music department was coming to us, and they were playing...like...Duran Duran", Paramount had a music-licensing deal that gave it to access to songs by new-wave artists including Duran Duran. I said, "That isn't punk rock music. Punk rock is really raw and gritty and dirty." They said, "Well, we don't really deal with the Sex Pistols and stuff." I said to Leonard, 'Leonard, that's not punk. I could write you a punk song and it will cost you nothing. I'll do it for [a few hundred dollars]'. He wrote out the nihilistic lyrics, which he brought to his friend (and future Mad Max: Fury Road Oscar winner) Mark Mangini, a sound editor who came up with the song's snotty, simple guitar riff. Thatcher himself sang vocals, and the whole tune was recorded on a weekend night, in a hallway that would provide the necessarily shitty sound. "My idea of punk at the time was the Dead Kennedys, Germs, Black Flag—real West Coast hardcore punk, that real raw sound," Thatcher says. "I also wanted a Sex Pistols 'God Save the Queen' vibe, which is why I did the British accent."
Naming the faux band, The Edge of Etiquette "I Hate You" was then used in the final edit of the movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd3NG2JX6lc

famethrowa

kalowski

Quote from: famethrowa on July 01, 2021, 11:48:14 AM
?

Maradona and Rudi Voller share a post match moment after the world cup final of Italia 90.