Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:47:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

BIG CHART SHOWDOWN: Ferris and Glebe set to release singles on the same day

Started by popcorn, June 22, 2021, 05:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

Ferris "Recently Exploded" WheelBueller and Glebe "Macaque Attack" Glebe are going head to head this week - with both acts set to release singles on the same day.

Billed as the greatest pop rivalry since the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, the battle has been spurred on by jibes thrown back and forth between the two groups, with Ferris dismissing Glebe as "shit", while Glebe referred to his opponent as "bollocks".

Fambo Number Mive

Well looks like my £10 HMV voucher is going to be all used up with this.

Replies From View

this is like McCartney vs Let It Be all over again

I don't know if I can stand the heartbreak guys.  Can't you split the differences over an old camp fire?

BlodwynPig

Both pipped to the coveted No. 213 spot by wee Jimmy Krankie feat. The bald Wurzel - In da Barn (with my prize pig)

Glebe

Behind the media-invented 'rivalry' we actually got on well - until Ferris suggested that he hoped I "got AIDS" in a recent interview.

Ferris

My death threats were taken out of context - I merely wished death upon him in a hypothetical sense, but of course  these hacks and shock jocks don't have time for that type of nuance.

Anyway, I suspect the Great British public will plump for my laid back island rhythms rather than the industrial German electro goth nonsense Glebe has been churning out of late.

Glebe

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on June 22, 2021, 07:43:57 PMthe industrial German electro goth nonsense Glebe has been churning out of late.

My single is actually an appealingly-commercial take on Orville, I'll have you know.

Ferris

Is it? Bollocks, the pigshit ignorant cunts that make up the public of this wretched isle will probably buy that in droves.

No chance you're about to do a scandal is there? Child out of wedlock, sticky fingers in the collection plate, that type of thing?

Ferris

Update: last minute change, my new single is now an appealingly-commercial take on Orville (feat. Leona Lewis).

Glebe

Whatever they dig up it won't be as shocking as your 'underage badgers' fiasco! Brian May was appalled!

Captain Z

Glebe's has a RSD exclusive 'bum reveal' picture disc, left cheek on the A-side and right cheek on the B-side.

Ferris

Yeah but I have a CD insert booklet with the lyrics printed on it and ambient photos of disco lights so I reckon that's a tie.

popcorn

Quote from: Captain Z on June 22, 2021, 08:58:52 PM
Glebe's has a RSD exclusive 'bum reveal' picture disc, left cheek on the A-side and right cheek on the B-side.

impossible to see both cheeks at both time... he outfoxes us again

Ferris

Quote from: popcorn on June 22, 2021, 09:24:15 PM
impossible to see both cheeks at both time... he outfoxes us again

Unless you buy two copies. It's marketing genius!

Glebe

There's a digipack with a 3D poster of my cheeks - only at Woolworths!