Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,402
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:21:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

what's good on tv these days?

Started by chveik, June 22, 2021, 10:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bently Sheds

Justified is pretty good if you like gunslinging US Marshalls delivering justice with a pistol and a smart line in Kentucky dialogue. It's kind of halfway between the grimdarkest moments of Breaking Bad and the least frivolous parts of The Dukes of Hazzard. Just-a good ole boys setting up drug empires; double crossing, torturing & killing each other; mass graves, cannibals in the hills, organised crime, blackmail and Deputy US Marshall Timothy Oliphant strolling calmly through it all with a gait that suggests he's desperate for a piss.  I'm on Series 5 and still enjoying it.

aunt mildred

phes

Justified is exquisite but 2015 surely ain't thesedays

Neville Chamberlain

I've just finished watching that Icelandic thing Katla. Highly recommended!

Other than, I just watch weather forecasts, The News and Tipping Point.

mothman

I've been watching Justified too, though I'm having a breather and doing Communiity, which I've never seen before (either). After all, why limit yourself to new stuff, especially if it's currently on a service you don't have, like Sky?

Bently Sheds

Quote from: mothman on June 30, 2021, 05:03:34 PM
I've been watching Justified too, though I'm having a breather and doing Communiity, which I've never seen before (either). After all, why limit yourself to new stuff, especially if it's currently on a service you don't have, like Sky?
YOU CAN'T WATCH JUSTIFIED BECAUSE IT'S NOT 2015!!!!!!!

chveik

mothman

Quote from: Bently Sheds on June 30, 2021, 07:25:54 PM

Where does that leave me, legally, wrt watching Community (2009 situation comedy television show)?

bakabaka

Quote from: Bently Sheds on June 30, 2021, 07:25:54 PM
It's Justified and it's ancient...

Spoiler alert
Make mine a 99
[close]
[/sub]

phes

my point was it would be good to have contemporary suggestions for all us cunts who went and watched everything that was on ten years ago.

Bently Sheds

Lupin on Netflix is pretty good if you're Johnny Zeitgeist living in the bleeding edge of the present, television-wise.

wooders1978

Really enjoyed Time on bbc I player - Sean Bean prison drama with Steven Graham giving a typically great performance as a "screw" - 3 pretty strong episodes so not a big commitment

Dex Sawash

We're watching Starstruck and it has made me laugh a lot

Spoiler alert
Bluey is really great too
[close]