Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:45:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

This Is Pop (2021 Documentary Series)

Started by The Mollusk, June 23, 2021, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

This series has just landed on Netflix, focusing broadly on the last 70 years of Western pop music.

Last night I watched the "Stockholm Syndrome" episode because I love pop, I love Stockholm and I love that it was hosted by Jay McCarroll (of Nirvanna The Band fame), one of my current fave comedic talents. I thought it was great! Directed really well by Jared Raab (also of NTB), and had some super fun talking head bits about what looked like a really awesome and colourful time for pop music, especially in the 90s. I had no idea so many huge bangers came from that part of the world.

There's other episodes about country music and auto-tune and I can't wait to get stuck in with them.

Pink Gregory

Starting this now, already the interviews are really good; did you persist with the series?

Chedney Honks

Head Gardener

Am up to the 2nd episode about Auto-Tune and it's all good so far, no mention of XTC anywhere yet, though I hope it comes