Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:34:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Together

Started by aunt mildred, June 25, 2021, 01:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aunt mildred

On BBC2 the other week with Sharon Horgan and James McAvoy about the pandemic and lockdown.

Watched this the other night and when they both started talking to the camera I thought it was going to be shit, I wasn't sure what they were going for, a documentary, a play or what? I think it was a video diary in the end.

Anyway I soon got past that and was hooked, it was described as 'hilarious' in the EPG but it certainly wasn't although it was funny at times and McAvoy has some comedy chops on him. I mainly watched it because I love Horgan and she was great as usual.

I couldn't watch the bit where
Spoiler alert
she was alone talking to the camera about her dead mother as my mother passed not long ago.
[close]

I was also surprised about how much they ripped in to the government about their handling of the pandemic, it is the BBC after all.

It gets a solid 7.8/10 from me, other opinions are available. Here's two from imdb for example:

Quote1/10
a movie about 2 people locked in a house?
Randy_Fry23 June 2021
Indeed it truly does sound like such a wonderful movie! Not.
2 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
1/10
Had a good laugh for about 30 min.
RusOvidiuDan23 June 2021
If only the corona virus would have been for real. The biggest hoax in all mankind history.

Leej88

Can not watch anything to do with the Pandemic, Am really sick of it.

BlodwynPig

Better than being sick with it

jobotic

Did they live in a giant house with a kitchen island?

Jerzy Bondov

It was big but no island that I could see. Similar layout to the Outnumbered house now I think of it.