Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:04:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Matt Wrongcock

Started by Bronzy, June 25, 2021, 04:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Captain Z on June 29, 2021, 09:07:13 AM
Engage in gutter politics, don't be surprised if the public behave accordingly.

Whitty is innocent of this

Zetetic

He continues to provide cover for other facets of the Westminster administration.

The supposed division between technical and political parts of the machinery is a liberal tenet, and the motivations for espousing it should be brought out.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Zetetic on June 29, 2021, 10:48:05 AM
He continues to provide cover for other facets of the Westminster administration.

The supposed division between technical and political parts of the machinery is a liberal tenet, and the motivations for espousing it should be brought out.

Beat him to death then!

Tokyo van Ramming

Quote from: DrGreggles on June 28, 2021, 04:01:40 PM
Rhyming slang, innit.

Trolley->Trolley Dash->Dash->Cash->Dirty Cash->Dirty Norris->Norris->Boris

Hey!

idunnosomename

Jim'll Paint it admits this caricature is a failure but whatever it's one of CaB's favourite jokes

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteMatt Hancock has received the overwhelming backing of his constituency party, despite a call to deselect him.

Mr Hancock, West Suffolk MP, resigned as health secretary after he was caught on camera kissing an aide, in breach of social distancing rules.

A Tory councillor asked colleagues to deselect the "selfish, egotistical" MP.

But West Suffolk Conservative Association (WSCA) said Mr Hancock continued to have its support...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-57677532

idunnosomename

I agree, it sets a very bad precedent to deselect an MP for being selfish and egotistical. We'd probably have less than a dozen left

bomb_dog

'Totally F##king Hopeless' poster put up on the side of a shop opposite the Rugby stadium in Gloucester.

Shop owner asking for it to be removed.
https://twitter.com/jonathanhoad/status/1410643758882996232?s=21

News article

It has been whitewashed over this afternoon, so LedByDonkeys can I guess make a claim against Amplify, the billboard company.

Fambo Number Mive

I agree with the reply by Sue Marsh. I note Jonathan Hoad calls himself a "Sometime Labour activist". Sounds more at the Starmar end of the Labour Party. He's not the shop owner, just an independent tutter.

At least it gives the poster more publicity.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Cuellar on June 27, 2021, 06:53:13 PM
Editors of the Sun should have to kill their predecessors and then be killed in turn by their successors, like the Priest Kings of Nemi.
seems a bit much just for the privilege of writing an inane comic strip

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: jobotic on June 28, 2021, 02:07:52 PM
Cummings is off his tits isn't he? Or maybe I'm just not clever enough to be on his super wavelength

https://twitter.com/Dominic2306/status/1409488850855071748

Golden Tony?

Fambo Number Mive

Imagine going to see this absolute stain of a human being speak. I'm sure they'll all give him an easy ride as well. Wealthy Tories who drive most places and probably have their own office at work, they don't need to worry about covid.

Meanwhile Lord Bethell is in trouble:

QuoteLord Bethell, the Health Minister who sponsored a Parliament security pass for Matt Hancock's aide Gina Coladangelo, is under formal investigation, a watchdog has confirmed.

The minister - a friend of the shamed former Health Secretary - faces calls to be sacked over the pass given to Ms Coladangelo, after video of her kissing Mr Hancock in breach of Covid rules was published.

He's also sparked anger after it emerged he held 27 meetings - including nine which resulted in lucrative Covid contracts - which went undeclared for more than a year.

The Lords Commissioner for Standards today confirmed Lord Bethell is under investigation over his "use of facilities".

And a spokesperson confirmed: "The Commissioner for Standards is investigating a complaint regarding Lord Bethell's sponsoring of a pass for Gina Coladangelo."...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/health-minister-pal-who-gave-24471978