Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:38:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Byker Grove

Started by Leej88, June 25, 2021, 08:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leej88

What are your best and worst storylines?

ProvanFan

Lee gaslighting Debbie after she saw him messing with Speedy's bike before the big race was ahead of its time.

And I quite fancied giving ecstasy ago after that time Marcus took it.

Leej88

My eyes man I Cannae see

Geoff dying in the Gas explosion

bomb_dog

Psychandrics was a bit of a laff before Scientology meant this story concept went off limits.

Leej88

Greg falling off the roof and being crippled.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Leej88

The worst storyline was when the show nuked the 4th wall and it was all in a Scriptwriter's head.

BlodwynPig

Worst: the two i were in

The Culture Bunker

A cousin of mine somehow managed to get a gig as an extra in a few episodes. There was some episode with a party where he waltzed in carrying four cans of Skol and then got to say "hey!" when some lass (who was one of the main characters) nabbed a beer out of his hand. So I'll say that.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: The Culture Bunker on June 25, 2021, 09:20:00 PM
A cousin of mine somehow managed to get a gig as an extra in a few episodes. There was some episode with a party where he waltzed in carrying four cans of Skol and then got to say "hey!" when some lass (who was one of the main characters) nabbed a beer out of his hand. So I'll say that.

Youve heard my wanking on byker grove story?

Sebastian Cobb

I liked Nikki and her mate looking for aliens.

Greg's accident was bleak though.

Kankurette

Wasn't there a girl who had a brain tumour? And another one who was being abused by her dad?

Leej88

When one of those twins impregnated that moody ginger girl.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Kankurette on June 25, 2021, 09:44:29 PM
Wasn't there a girl who had a brain tumour? And another one who was being abused by her dad?

Nikki/Greg's stepdad turned up and held her captive because she was going to go to counselling, a couple of friends turned up and tried to free her so he trapped them too, then they escaped out a window and she twatted him with a shovel.

Sebastian Cobb

Lou going through the menopause and leaving her wallet in the fridge seems quite a surreal theme come to think of it.

Leej88

I always remember Ben Greg and the other kid were playing around and a fizzy drink went everywhere and they said look Greg you got some on you but he had pissed himself cause he was in the wheelchair.

Sebastian Cobb

Yes, I remember that!

I seem to remember one of the lads had a brother come back from borstal, who was trying to make sure the lad didn't make the mistakes he did. I think he caught them running out of a place robbing and they dropped a telly and he told them to pack it in and wiped their prints off it.

Leej88

the peck on the cheek between 2 male characters in the cinema, Very brave for the time.

PJ's unconvincing blue screen bungie jump. Luckily he was blind, so he couldn't see how shit it looked.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Watch us wreck the mic
Watch us wreck the mic
Watch us wreck the mic

Psyche

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 25, 2021, 09:25:26 PM
Youve heard my wanking on byker grove story?
No, but if it involves a skinny kid with black spiky hair, I don't want to know.

Sebastian Cobb

Did Geoff once dress up as elvis?

jobotic

Didn't watch it. Couldn't understand a fackin word vem Scousers said.

I had a video tape though that somehow had the theme music playing over the top of the opening credits to Vic Reeves Big Night Out.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: BlodwynPig on June 25, 2021, 09:18:17 PM
Worst: the two i were in
Is there another CaBber who was in it? I have a vague memory of searching Youtube for a clip, then trying to find the number of the episode someone was in.

Leej88

Ben dying after being run over and just before he had slept with all the female cast.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Sounds like a right barrel of laughs, this Byker Grove programme. This was a s how for kids ??

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on June 25, 2021, 10:37:57 PM
Is there another CaBber who was in it? I have a vague memory of searching Youtube for a clip, then trying to find the number of the episode someone was in.

If you were looking for the bike race one, that was me

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on June 26, 2021, 12:09:10 PM
Sounds like a right barrel of laughs, this Byker Grove programme. This was a s how for kids ??

It had more Ken Loach vibes than Grange Hill, I'll give it that.

Replies From View

Replies From View

Quote from: Leej88 on June 25, 2021, 09:09:43 PM
My eyes man I Cannae see

Yep, this.

In fact that's pretty much all I can remember about Byker Grove apart from all the lies I would tell my little brother about it ("this show was originally going to be called 'Neighbours' and in the theme tune you can still hear them singing 'Neighbours.... ho!').