Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:32:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Byker Grove

Started by Leej88, June 25, 2021, 08:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomb_dog

Them pair of girls who shot him square in both eyes should've been involved in a representing the country Olympic Games-based shooting storyline, they were very accurate.

touchingcloth

The 7th Scouts under Geoff Keegan, a.k.a. "Byker's avengers," rolls into The Grove, prompting a parade – and business solicitations from Tina and Dom Meredith. Rajeev Patel finally deals with the local magistrate Dexter thus gaining a new ally in Alison Fletcher. PJ and Duncan confront Steve "Brad" Bradley over his intentions toward his daughter, Gwen, as PJ and Duncan's relationship with her deepens. Rajeev Patel's prayers are answered and Steve "Brad" Bradley is put out of his misery. PJ and Duncan become sheriff of Byker Grove.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

There was some lad on it who used to swan around in a silver Daniel Poole puffa jacket. Drug dealer?

Blue Jam

I remember one character asking another "Do you like football?" and getting a reply confirming that he was more of a spectator than a player:

Quote"[shrugs] Bag o' crisps, couple o' cans."

He was about fourteen so I just found that little proto-"Watchin' the game, havin' a Bud" unintentionally hilarious. Reckon he grew up to enjoy a chekky laqer and a wank?

Replies From View

Quote from: bomb_dog on June 26, 2021, 01:11:51 PM
Them pair of girls who shot him square in both eyes should've been involved in a representing the country Olympic Games-based shooting storyline, they were very accurate.

Their mission was complete.

I remember there was a rival youth club (Denton Burn?) and I believe there was a cult or religious group storyline?

ProvanFan

Quayzaaah layzaaah (Quasar Laser)

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: confettiinmyhair on June 27, 2021, 02:29:41 PM
I remember there was a rival youth club (Denton Burn?) and I believe there was a cult or religious group storyline?

They should've quit when they were ahead, and left on a high note by basically recreating The Warriors in Newcastle between different youth clubs.

I remember a really grim bit where a girl got electrocuted (to death) when she touched a plug in an old woman's flooded house. The girl's boyfriend then shouted at the old woman: "She? Touched that? You stupid old hag!"

non capisco

Quote from: thecuriousorange on June 27, 2021, 11:52:28 PM
I remember a really grim bit where a girl got electrocuted (to death) when she touched a plug in an old woman's flooded house. The girl's boyfriend then shouted at the old woman: "She? Touched that? You stupid old hag!"

The electrocuted girl was played by an old workmate. We worked together in the days before YouTube, I never watched Byker Grove as a kid and was hurr hurr dying at the time to see her dramatic final scene from the way she self deprecatingly described it. Only just ocurred to me that it's definitely going to be on there. FAAAAAKIN YESSSS, MAN!

Actually not as woeful as she described it, to be fair. Not sure about the boyfriend's performance.

bomb_dog

As pointed out in the comments, the 'HA-HA, ha-ha....' laugh plays out over a still of dead Gemma right at the end of the credits.

Replies From View

I wish that boy had died after being electrocuted by the fence in Jurassic Park

gmoney

Some CBBC documentary about some kids trying to get into entertainment. One of them was a young girl who ended up in Byker Grove. I remember they showed her filming the bit of the end credits (or was it opening credits?) where they're jumping up and she was on a trampoline.

dissolute ocelot

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Replies From View on June 28, 2021, 12:45:11 PM
I wish that boy had died after being electrocuted by the fence in Jurassic Park

He should have exploded in a shower of gore.

Hat FM

Quote from: non capisco on June 28, 2021, 12:07:50 AM
The electrocuted girl was played by an old workmate. We worked together in the days before YouTube, I never watched Byker Grove as a kid and was hurr hurr dying at the time to see her dramatic final scene from the way she self deprecatingly described it. Only just ocurred to me that it's definitely going to be on there. FAAAAAKIN YESSSS, MAN!

Actually not as woeful as she described it, to be fair. Not sure about the boyfriend's performance.

i had misrememebered this as a girl called Flora being electrocuted when turning the tv on when standing in a flood that went as high as her ankles. 33,000 views of that video. wow.

non capisco

Didn't clock the views. I'll tell her she should do a Twitch stream where she pretends to get electrocuted again every night.

Replies From View

Did anyone ever watch the final ever episode from 2006(!) where they all find out they're just characters in a fictional universe? Sounds like one of those made-up episodes from the OFAH thread, except it actually happened.

Replies From View

Quote from: Ron Maels Moustache on July 01, 2021, 04:51:31 PM
Did anyone ever watch the final ever episode from 2006(!) where they all find out they're just characters in a fictional universe? Sounds like one of those made-up episodes from the OFAH thread, except it actually happened.

*2006-era Doug Naylor scribbles notes furiously*

Replies From View

The final episode is series 18, episode 20:

Part 1:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcpmoRpNvps

Part 2:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Giqm9H_W0F4

It even seems to have the Pete dinosaur prop from series 8 of Red Dwarf in it.  Incredible.

Replies From View

I suspect Chris Chibnall will take Doctor Who in this direction in a few years.