Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:54:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Euro 2020 in the Year 2021 Part 2: Jumpere til målstolper

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, June 26, 2021, 07:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteIn any case, England will never have a better opportunity to win a tournament so they best not let this slip now.

Slight issue with the terminology here. We aren't even 1-0 up on Italy so not sure we are in a 'slip up' position before the game has even started. It is a final against a pretty damn good and probably better side with more pedigree and a better manager, so I'd say it's the best opportunity we have had but not a very easy one in these circumstances and certainly not one we will have slipped up by losing unless we have been the better team and thrown it away.

EOLAN

Quote from: jobotic on July 08, 2021, 12:30:01 PM
Yes i said exactly the same last night - I did enjoy his pleading us to watch the final on ITV though. Yeah, right mate.

Get Ally McCoist on comms and they have a deal.

non capisco

Quote from: Kankurette on July 08, 2021, 10:29:05 AM
The dickhead pointing a laser pen at Schmeichel needs to be locked in a room with his dad.

Agreed, disgraceful. Hardly the sort of behaviour you want from our future king.

steve98

How many lasers would it take to vaporize an Italian man's greasy head, if they all shone on him simultaneously? (A single laser evidently has no effect)

phantom_power

And with Johnson's customary effectiveness it made fuck all difference

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bernice on July 08, 2021, 09:56:33 AM
Such a pity that Napoleon, De Gaulle and Maurice Challe did. I suppose there really is no justice.

Qui?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: El Unicornio, mang on July 08, 2021, 10:14:29 AM
One of my Dad's home carers back in the day, lovely guy, met Shearer at a charity do and said "Hello Alan I'm a big fan" and he cut him off with "that's Mr. Shearer to you".

Can't deny his footballing greatness but you couldn't pay me enough to hang out with him.

He allowed my mum to turn around in his driveway (found that out last night). Top bloke.

chveik

Catalogue of ills

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 08, 2021, 12:57:57 PM
Slight issue with the terminology here. We aren't even 1-0 up on Italy so not sure we are in a 'slip up' position before the game has even started. It is a final against a pretty damn good and probably better side with more pedigree and a better manager, so I'd say it's the best opportunity we have had but not a very easy one in these circumstances and certainly not one we will have slipped up by losing unless we have been the better team and thrown it away.

Actually

kalowski

Quote from: Head Gardener on July 09, 2021, 11:46:31 AM

Someone shared that on a WhatsApp group I'm in and another person went mad: "The man's an idiot!"
I love that some people would genuinely believe our Prime Minister would act like that. This is what people think of him.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 09, 2021, 12:45:16 PM
He allowed my mum to turn around in his driveway (found that out last night). Top bloke.

Legend status restored.