Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,355
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:30:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tyler, the Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost

Started by chveik, June 27, 2021, 01:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

quite enjoying this, more than his other albums. nice beats, good clean fun.

any thoughts?

The Mollusk

Not clocked it yet but enjoying the sudden roll out of loads of social media content after being quiet for a little while. The tunes have been great, looking forward to seeing where he's going after the no holds barred breakup wail of "IGOR" which I thought was excellent.

Johnny Textface

His NPR office concert thing was great along with his last couple of albums. Looking forward to this.

Very good album.

I remember people being unhappy with IGOR being nominated for Best Rap album at the Grammys as there was only rapping on about 10% of it and rest was singing, seemed like they hadn't even listened to it. This album is the other way round, it's very rap heavy (8 minute songs where he's rapping from pretty much start to finish) and a bit closer to his pre-Flower Boy/IGOR stuff (definitely some Cherry Bomb parallels) but more refined and with a lot of what he's learned from his recent output put to good use. Some lovely samples too.

Video Game Fan 2000

Can't wait to hear more of this. Igor was his best in ages, if not his best ever.

Tyler's trajectory from being on the receiving end of BAN THIS SICK FILTH nonsense outrage to esteemed pop craftsman makes me so happy.

Bernice

I preferred Flower Boy to IGOR, but that might well be a case of it really connecting in that nostalgic, autobiographical way an album sometimes does. Flower Boy is a certain time and place and mindset in my life, and for whatever I reason IGOR isn't that.

Look forward to giving this a spin though, I love Tyler.

Johnny Textface

Listened to alot of this today and got to say, I needed to call him quite soon into it.

willbo

I ripped a youtube video of the cherry bomb album during an intense point of my life, so I should probably have some nostalgic memories of it. I need to re-visit it I guess. I like the Igor album and what I heard of Flower.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Johnny Textface on June 28, 2021, 10:50:08 PM
Listened to alot of this today and got to say, I needed to call him quite soon into it.

Unsure if this is an offhand gag or a genuine criticism, but if it's the latter I'd have to agree. I struggled to stay focused on this album, his production is all over the place and honestly his "lol fuck it" approach to distorted/clipping/blown-out production style on some of the tracks isn't endearing or cool at all, it's just shite.

It's by no means a bad album but the first listen didn't get me particularly hyped up and I'm reticent to want to return to it. It's very busy.

Johnny Textface

Yeah genuine criticism. It's like a mix tape in execution but comes across like a bit of a hodge podge.