Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:56:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Halloween Kills

Started by Custard, June 27, 2021, 10:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Custard

Decent, nasty trailer. Be warned though, it shows A LOT

https://youtu.be/hL6R3HmQfPc

I quite enjoyed the last one. Though it had a couple duff scenes, I thought it did a good job overall

So this....might be...good?

madhair60

The only half-decent sequel was Scream.

Well that all looks so massively original, doesn't it?

colacentral

The last one was shite. This looks ridiculous, like an action film. Even more amped up than a Friday the 13th sequel.

The original was good because it was slow, dark and creepy. It's entirely about the atmosphere.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: colacentral on June 27, 2021, 07:36:28 PM
Even more amped up than a Friday the 13th sequel.

It basically appears to be Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday in most respects, minus the body-hopping.

C_Larence

Quote from: Avril Lavigne on June 27, 2021, 10:21:21 PM
It basically appears to be Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday in most respects, minus the body-hopping.

It even appears to have a guy dressed like Creighton Duke. I love Jason Goes To Hell, it's so shit but in a different way to the rest of the Friday The 13th sequels which are mostly just boring. This looks awful mind.

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: C_Larence on June 27, 2021, 10:42:06 PM
It even appears to have a guy dressed like Creighton Duke. I love Jason Goes To Hell, it's so shit but in a different way to the rest of the Friday The 13th sequels which are mostly just boring. This looks awful mind.

I love em all, but I'm fully aware that they're complete garbage. Jason Goes To Hell, however, is pretty maligned by the fanbase for veering so far away from what Jason is supposed to be as a killer and rightly so... At that point you may as well call him by a different name and make a totally unrelated movie.

BritishHobo

This absolutely baffles me, this double-sequel. The recent Halloween seemed perfectly designed to be a great closer for the franchise, filled with nods and references to the whole franchise, and neat mirroring of things from the original - and ultimately rounding the story off in a way that felt very satisfying and rooted in Jamie Lee Curtis' iconic character. Every inch of it felt polished and shined as both an homage to and a satisfying payoff of everything that happened in the first movie.

Where does that leave this then? Two more films of oh no he's not dead yet after all, before ultimately reaching another resolution in Halloween Ends that surely can't feel anything other than extraneous. Everything that was unknown and interesting about Laurie's family situation in the newest film is now known and established. There's nothing else to learn about Michael. He's just gonna kill more people for another two films and then they'll kill him again.

Gonna watch it though aren't I

bgmnts

Stupid looking film.

Considering it showed a lot of kills, I wonder what they left out.

idunnosomename

more kills.

im guessing in Ends he will become a giant monster and a blue laser will shoot into the the sky

idunnosomename

Michael Myers goes on medication - Halloween Pills
Michael Myers goes on holidays to Wales - Halloween Rhyls
Michael Myers opens a chain of quality home furnishing retail outlets - Halloween Mills
Michael Myers starts adding baroque flourishes to his playing - Halloween Trills
Michael Myers goes under the sea - Halloween Gills

John Carpenter's New Nightmare

Egyptian Feast

They should follow that up with Halloween Vs Jason, where the two just mutely stab each other and take turns pretending to be dead for 88 minutes.

SteveDave

Nice use of the "Halloween 3" masks for the 'members

SteveDave

Also, with his hair a little bigger and the blank expression on his face, Michael Myers now resembles an early 2000s Lou Reed.

Shaky

Trailer looks terrible, and I quite enjoyed the last one as well. The whole idea of the studio frothing at a new Myers trilogy makes me a bit ill. There's nowhere else for these films to go.

Rev+

There is somewhere for it to go, but do they have the minerals?  We know there's another film to come after this, so the most shocking thing to happen would be for yer bloke to be killed at the end of this one, in a way that couldn't be taken back.  Kind of like what they tried with Friday the 13th before they chickened out.  They must have something different up their sleeve for 'Halloween Ends', though, because audiences for this sort of thing get worn out very quickly these days.

Shaky

Well, I meant the franchise as a whole. I know they've rebooted but we've seen so many iterations of Myers now I can't think what they can possibly do with him anymore. Another origin story again? No origin story? Kill Laurie (again)? It's all fairly predictable wherever it goes. The last film was a fun hark back to the original but hardly added much new beyond the main characters aging.

Replies From View

It's like Trail of the Pink Panther over and over again.  All we want is the bloke from Life is Beautiful and then a reboot with Steve Martin; why are they dragging their heels over the inevitable?

bgmnts

They should have Michael Myers run for mayor.

mjwilson

Quote from: Shaky on July 01, 2021, 05:54:42 AM
Well, I meant the franchise as a whole. I know they've rebooted but we've seen so many iterations of Myers now I can't think what they can possibly do with him anymore. Another origin story again? No origin story? Kill Laurie (again)? It's all fairly predictable wherever it goes. The last film was a fun hark back to the original but hardly added much new beyond the main characters aging.

They should do one where he's cured and does normal stuff like going to the supermarket and laundrette.

The title of this makes it sound like "Halloween" is the character's name.

Replies From View

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on July 02, 2021, 06:42:22 PM
They should do one where he's cured and does normal stuff like going to the supermarket and laundrette.

and under the mask he looks like arnold schwarzenegger and it's a prequel to Terminator Dark Fate

Avril Lavigne

I hope this ends with Michael removing his mask to reveal Jason underneath.

Shaky

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on July 02, 2021, 06:42:22 PM

Now you're talking.

Quote from: Shaky on July 03, 2021, 05:21:02 AM
Now you're talking.

He should, too, and not just stuff like 'you cannot escape' and 'die' but 'do you know when the next bus is?' or 'have you got change for a five-dollar note?'

Replies From View

Quote from: Shaky on July 03, 2021, 05:21:02 AM
Now you're talking.

Is that the one with dogs instead of babies?

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: Replies From View on July 03, 2021, 09:41:36 AM
Is that the one with dogs instead of babies?

That's the one where everyone is silent except you.