Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:52:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Figurative (not actual) death on stage/TV

Started by Jockice, June 27, 2021, 02:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Daphne & Celeste's comeback stuff has been as unironically great as their early stuff was deliberately annoying.

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 03, 2021, 11:51:48 AM
Daphne & Celeste's comeback stuff has been as unironically great as their early stuff was deliberately annoying.

Agreed, You and I Alone is a banger

Avril Lavigne

Quote from: BJBMK2 on July 02, 2021, 03:36:04 AM
Jaime Kennedy. "Comedian".

Is this the same bloke who had that bizarre New Years show? The one that was almost dreamlike in how chaotic and haphazard it was all thrown together.

I own his autobiography, he literally blagged his way into the entertainment industry by making phonecalls to sell himself via the guise of a fictional middle-aged Hollywood veteran agent. That's how he ended up in Scream.

Dead Soon

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on June 28, 2021, 06:19:29 PM
That's the first time I've seen that. Nicole Kidman and David Schwimmer in the green room clearly thinking he's an unfunny cunt, audience baffled, but they *do* laugh at some very weak and tasteless material. Wonder if the director had a word in JR's miked- up ear, and wonder if JR subsequently muttered " I'd fuck off out of it if I were you, mate" into Wooton's ear, before he left at high speed?

This was a big discovery  for me last night. Thanks for the link, Lis.

And it lived up to expectations! I've not seen Ross look that uncomfortable ever. Genuine fear. Interjecting the horrendous jokes with a strained ''ha, yeah, okay'' exactly like trying to stop a pub aggressor from chatting shit ahead of the inevitable blowout. His half-genuine ''is David still here?'' comment at the end, knowing full well an ashen faced Ghostman was trudging down the corridor to the abyss and could hear it all, was the knockout punch.

St_Eddie

If anyone ever wants to see what a massive man-baby Jamie Kennedy is, I highly recommend checking out his documentary Heckler.

Noodle Lizard

I've always loved this one: a very nervous magician completely arsing up his entire routine on some British Gong Show type thing, to the point where it almost seems deliberate. The "Disappearing Cigarette" trick is the highlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGtTdeZ6YWo

What's even better is that he actually pulls off a pretty smoothly-done bill-change trick, right before finishing off with a complete dud that he gives up on instantly. Couldn't be funnier.

I like that the judges were quite kind to him though. A stark difference to the kinds of TV talent shows that came later.