Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:52:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What's your favourite Assassins Creed game?

Started by Mobius, June 27, 2021, 10:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: Mobius on July 07, 2021, 07:34:37 PM
Sorry I just realised I typed bear instead of boar. And I meant the first island you go to, not the one you start on. This quest basically https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-10-18-assassins-creed-odyssey-kalydonian-boar-strategy-5022

I cheated that one too. You can climb up on the wall at the back of the cave. There's a tiny ledge and you can fire arrows at the cunts from there.

I found the other legendary animal fights a piece of piss, but I don't think I would've killed either of those bastards without cheating.

bgmnts

The boar is insanely hard. I didn't quite understand how or why and it was a Dark Souls experience of pure frustration.

Cuellar

Yeah I tried the boar when you first get given the quest and it was far too hard, so I just forgot about it until I was hard as shit.

Mobius

I'm glad it's not just me then. I've gone back there every 2 levels thinking well I'll knock it off the quest list now I'm a bit stronger, and I'm still getting my arse kicked. I've done basically everything else in that region.

I want to tidy my quest log up before moving on but there's so many missions! I guess I should just stop picking them up. I just want to clear all of the symbols off my map.

Neomod

Quote from: Mobius on July 07, 2021, 07:34:37 PM
Sorry I just realised I typed bear instead of boar. And I meant the first island you go to, not the one you start on.

Ahh. I've just done Megaris so I guess Phokis is next. I'm level 13 so reckon I'll level up a few times before attempting the Boar. Looks no fun at all.

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: Neomod on July 07, 2021, 09:32:28 PM
Ahh. I've just done Megaris so I guess Phokis is next. I'm level 13 so reckon I'll level up a few times before attempting the Boar. Looks no fun at all.

Trouble is, the cunts level up with you, so when I went back every few levels, the first boar and his boarlets would still mess me up. I had no guilt cheating that bit. I really wanted to get in Daphnae's pants and she wasn't asking questions.

Spoiler alert
I felt a bit guilty about impressing her into bed once we finally got it on and I discovered the consequences for her. Sorry Daphnae, I wasn't after anything that serious.
[close]

Mobius

I'm about level 40 now and I feel like I'm basically invincible. I've got tons of gear and still not really explored much of the map. I'm trying to clear my Quest Log before progressing further but it's almost impossible, there's just so many sodding quests. Got my ship about halfway upgraded, got loads of cool equipment and I'm not sure what's really going on because I skip all of the dialogue and cutscenes but I seem to be having a lot of sex.

I thought I'd be bored at this stage but I'm not. It's just a nice world to run around in. The Mercenary and Cult stuff is a cool little addition, and there's always plenty of quests and places to explore or you can just smash some ships up.

Mobius

Level 70 now.

Cleared loads of the map. Still got loads left, and Atlantis.

Still not bored.

Mobius

Cleared the whole map and finally got bored! What a great game Odyssey is

Now I'm playing Valhalla which looks and feels worse in every way.

Cuellar

Origins going cheap on Steam atm.

Had been meaning to try it, and it seems more or less like Odyssey but in Egypt (surprise surprise) and it seems pretty good but I don't know if I can be bothered with a huge thing again after Odyssey.

Egyptian Feast

I liked Origins a lot, but I don't know what it'd be like returning to after Odyssey. It's not quite as huge, but still pretty hefty.

It has one of the most cursed child characters in any game. Her catchphrase "Would you like?" (which amusingly gets a call back later when Bayek kills a bunch of people) has haunted me since.

Cuellar

Yeah, I'm not sure how impressed I would have been by Odyssey if I'd played Origins first.

Mister Six

Only played AC II and loved it to bits. Borrowed Brotherhood but upon starting it, I realised that the spell it had spun had completely evaporated and I just couldn't be arsed.

Not bothered since then, because everyone seemed to slag off each new iteration after Brotherhood, but Odyssey sounds like it might be fun. Will it make sense to someone who only vaguely recalls the details of AC II? And what's all this levelling nonsense? That sounds shite. Is it?