Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:44:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy moments that are blatantly excuses to exorcise frustrated pop star dreams

Started by ajsmith2, June 28, 2021, 09:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

BeardFaceMan

I've been rewaching some old Colbert Reports lately, I'd forgotten just how often Stephen gets up and performs with the musical guests, usually the legendary ones.

Thosworth

Oh god, that just reminded me of a huge embarrassment when James Brown performed on a Jonathan Ross show years ago. Ross attempted the cape routine on Brown, and was irritably dismissed without gratification.

phantom_power

I listened to I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue for the first time in ages the other night and Rachel Parris was taking the singing rounds very seriously

kalowski

Quote from: Ignatius_S on July 07, 2021, 06:36:56 PM.
Mention should also be made about Duncan Thickett's singing Green Green Grass Of Home in the Live 'N Lewd show. Although in some ways it works as it shows that Thickett is actually talented but completely misguided in his ambitions, and there's a physical bit of business with gyrating hips. However, it's hard not to see as Coogan wanting to channel Tom Jones for other reasons post-Ferrino.
Worth it for two jokes
"This song is about my home and the grass of my home which is very green green."
And
"Bruce in sound, I'm putting it on six...oh, what the hell I'm putting it up to 11!"

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: phantom_power on July 20, 2021, 10:02:37 AM
I listened to I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue for the first time in ages the other night and Rachel Parris was taking the singing rounds very seriously

The first time Rob Brydon did ISIHAC he had to sing along to Delilah, and when he nails the "She was my woman" bit the entire audience actually gasps, then bursts into spontaneous applause. His single with Tom Jones followed a couple of years later.