Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:23:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lost - Season 2 (No spoilers please, we're British)

Started by imitationleather, July 28, 2005, 06:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lt Plonker

*kick*

Hello.

I've just been kicking about the interweb like some sleazy lounge lizard and have discovered something called 'The Lost Experience'. From what I can gather, it's like some huge interactive mystery thing based around the Hanso Foundation.  There's lots of mocked up websites with secret passwords and stories, characters updating secret blogs about how they're hacking websites and going to Copenhagen, Americna talk shows having interviews with ficticious CEO's and God knows what else, and some ficticious lady spy who heckled the Lost writers at the San Diego Comi-con.

Has anyone been following this at all, because I can't help but feel I've missed out on something fun? Is it worth catching up and following along?

I can't see Charlie surviving this season, not after that business with Sun.

Marv Orange

Lt Plonker

Weird.

Sounds like a lark though! Wish I'd joined in.

variant

I take that because no-one has posted in this thread for 2 months that interest for watching Lost on Channel 4 has waned somewhat.

Well I followed it right through to the bitter end and I'd just like to say that the last episode was bollocks. Michaels boat should have blown up at least.

Why would Charlie just laugh off a fucking great explosion?
How the hell would Hurley ever find his way back to the camp if he'd been blindfolded for the last bit of the journey?
Are we really to believe that the ending with the guys in the arctic or wherever wasn't just a little bit tacked on?

terminallyrelaxed

Tsk... have faith. Having had time to absorb I'm pretty sanguine about Michael - you had to have someone who was going all out to get him and his off the island, even at the expense of the other survivors.
Charlie, well, dunno, but don't underestimate the Hurley, when the going gets tough, Hugo gets going.
As for the guys in the arctic, it didn't feel so much tack on as squeezed in, its a hint of things to come, the whole thing's opening up and getting off the island.

Ooh, I'm dead excited.

the midnight watch baboon

Me excited too! Tho Charlie's flippancy at the explosion was a bit unfeasible, but however trashy/unlikely it all gets I still am vastly enjoying it. Bet Locke feels like a twat. Any inklings as to when series 3 kicks off in the UK?

Xerxes & Friends

Quote from: "variant"I take that because no-one has posted in this thread for 2 months that interest for watching Lost on Channel 4 has waned somewhat.

Personally, I was just avoiding spoilers.

Was Desmond's full name "Desmond Something Something Davy Hume"?  Another philosopher reference – I smirked when Charlie told him he should go & speak to his buddy Locke.  Do we reckon he died, then?  He was certainly expecting to.  I couldn't make out if he'd caused the explosion or halted it.  

That giant foot!  I can't wait for the next series.  Well, in fact, I can and I will.  I much prefer watching it on Proper Telly and having animated discussions about it in the office the next day, and then waiting a week for the next ep with plenty of time for speculation and expectation to build.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I thought it was a crap ending too, but I was expecting a crap ending, various techniques they've used too often and it's gone past beginning to bore me- it now is actually boring me.

Some of the shots were unbelievably ropey- the CGI waves, the blinding light shots and that bit where desmond is pulled in by the guy in yellow suits. I'd have got my arse kicked for some of those if I presented them to anyone.

That said- there now seems a clear difference between the others storyline and the dharma storyline, where there wasn't before.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: "the midnight watch baboon"Bet Locke feels like a twat.
Yep, my sister and I watched it and were shouting at the screen for him to shut up with his smug quasi-mystical rubbish when Desmond was showing him hard evidence that the button was real. It puzzles me why he's such a popular character, when he's clearly just a dirty old man who's decided to act all enigmatic to try and impress the thin young women on the island.

Sadly, the bit with the blokes in the snow detecting the magnetic disturbance means that his entirely selfish actions are probably going to be vindicated.

Marv Orange

Locke was cool in the first season when he was all hunter gatherer man. The writers say we are gonna see a return to this locke in season 3.

Lt Plonker

Fuck me, if it wasn't the most exciting thing I ever did saw! Clawing at the settee and shrieking like a cheerleader, I was.

I did a read of The Other season 2 thread and I can't think of much else to say. Why Jack, Kate and Sawyer? Jack's a doctor, maybe they've taken him to help them with medical problems? Maybe they've taken  Sawyer and Kate for sex experiments. I hope Desmond does survive. I like him.

I was expecting Michael's boat to explode. BOOM! I think he'll be back with Walt.

But what the FUCK was that white sky business about?! Jesus!

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I'm guessing they've written Walt out because he looks way too old to still be playing a ten year old now. Unless the experiments the Other's conducted on him had some sort of rapid ageing effect.

Totem Hokum

As the UK is up to date now, I'm sure some of you will feel at ease joining discussion on this thread if you are planning on downloading the new season's episodes next week:

http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=12084

If not, then happy discussing here until July 2007!!! (I'm kidding I have no idea when Ch.4 is premiering season 3)

Marv Orange

Quote from: "Claude the Lion Tamer"I'm guessing they've written Walt out because he looks way too old to still be playing a ten year old now. Unless the experiments the Other's conducted on him had some sort of rapid ageing effect.

Yeah they are gonna explain the change in his appearance.