Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:29:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Lost - Season 2 (No spoilers please, we're British)

Started by imitationleather, July 28, 2005, 06:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Borboski

Ooh I think it's pretty good actually, the adverts are kiiiilling it though - i think we're getting 11 minute bursts - and then those 118 twats.  Makes me consider downloading them - or at least taping it first.

Hypnotoad.

This reminds me of the Langoliers, anyone ever watch that?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112040/
Plane lands at mysterious airport, monsters in the bushes....

And what is Sam from Big Brother doing in it for fucks sake?

Hypnotoad.

Quote from: "Borboski"Ooh I think it's pretty good actually, the adverts are kiiiilling it though - i think we're getting 11 minute bursts - and then those 118 twats.  Makes me consider downloading them - or at least taping it first.

Typical American TV drama isnt it, with all the Ad breaks

I watch this kinda thing delayed by 15 mins thanks to Sky+, then skip the damn adverts

terminallyrelaxed

So far, I've seen nothing to discount my first theory that its a boar, or a mad gorilla or something. Thrashing around in the growth knocking down saplings, lots of dodgy throaty noise echoing off the trees so its coming from all directions, even the pilot being dragged out the window when he was already half on the roof anyway, but I suppose thats what we're supposed to argue about. I think they introduced the monster thing too early either way, they could have waited for an episode or two with maybe the odd weird noise, so as to not alienate sceptics etc.

Hmm. The opening scene was excellent; I certainly didn't expect that level of intensity. It's well acted but I didn't think the direction was anything special. Too much unnecessary shakycam- AGAIN. The whole thing looks a million bucks, but I found it to be curiously uninvolving. Obviously it's early days but I didn't really care for any of the characters. I'll watch the second part...but based on this one episode it didn't really work for me. Put it this way: if the second episode was on next Wednesday instead of today I probably wouldn't bother tuning in.

A Passing Turk Slipper

Well I loved that. I'll write more about it when the second half has been on. Really looking forward to seeing more though.

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Regular John

It is a tired gimmick so they better get into the interesting stuff pretty quickly.

terminallyrelaxed

I expect we'll see a lot of people 'coming out of their shell' and 'finding themselves' and indeed 'rising to the occasion' over the next few episodes, but I'm already dissapointed about all-action Jack, the hero dude. I was hoping for a few more strong characters instead of it being another hero vehicle type of thing. As I said I'm sure we'll see more of the others later on with their own little episodes etc but its all looking a bit formulaic once you've digested the main premise.

Artemis

Haven't read this thread yet so don't know what the general concensus is but on the basis of part one of the pilot, that was quite good. Started off well, dipped as it got into fire-lit 'The OC' territory with no apparent panic at all, then as it shamelessly ventured into Jurassic Park territory it picked up.

You can see where it's going though in a way, can't you?

Episode 2: They are trying to get themselves noticed
Episode 3: They think they might have been saved but they're not
Episode 4: The girl has the baby
Episode 4: The guy's drug habits are revealed (thats why he was in the bathroom)

Still, it's got me watching - i'll see what the second half is like.

terminallyrelaxed

Of course its early days yet, I don't mean to totally rubbish it....

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

If it was only six episodes long with a proper ending, I might be more interested in sticking with it.

But the idea of it going on for 24 episodes (with another series in production) dismays me a bit.

Agreed there- I've never been able to get into these kind of long-running American shows. They just make too many episodes, don't they?

Regular John

How are they dealing with the pre-requisite celebrity cameos though? Having a light aircraft crash every other week?

Identity Crisis Ahoy!

chand

Quote from: "Artemis"Episode 4: The guy's drug habits are revealed (thats why he was in the bathroom)

Ding!

didgeripoo

Well, I've given till 10 minutes or so into the second bit. It's guff. Badly shot, annoyingly clean, glamorous, Lord of The Flies-lite, frothy guff with really bad music and people with annoyingly prominent cheek bones and jawlines. So that's that as far as I'm concerned.

terminallyrelaxed

You could see that Republican Guard answer coming before the other guy had finished talking.

terminallyrelaxed

Has anyone taken charge or has there been a committee thing yet that I've missed? Of course they all think they'll be rescued soon, but what about delegating stuff? I mean, what are they doing for fresh water? Or is all the usual stuff like looking for useful stuff in baggage and building shelter and finding a water supply just taken for granted? I suppose  they haven't run out of anything yet.

mcbpete

I bet all my uni mates are pissing themselves in excitement over this twaddle. 24 episodes!! Shit do these guys know how to stretch out a premise.

chand

I don't really like this, although I have been watching it in the 'let's take the piss out of all the cliches in this with someone on MSN' manner.

Interesting fact: the temp girl who used to sit next to me til February went out with Dominic 'Hobbit' Monaghan when he lived in Stockport. I just learned this from her cousin.

InfiniteFury

I reckon this has something to do with the Bermuda Triangle, hence all the weirdness and the previous people stranded on the island.

Who'll take my bet?

I must admit, I did like that ending- nice and spooky.

wasp_f15ting

Quote from: "InfiniteFury"I reckon this has something to do with the Bermuda Triangle, hence all the weirdness and the previous people stranded on the island.

Who'll take my bet?

The Bermuda triangle is in the Atlantic Ocean is it not? The flight path cannot have gone past the Atlantic ocean, as it was heading from Aus to LA.

InfiniteFury

Listen buddy, it can suck aircraft through time I'm sure it can move a few thousand miles when the fancy takes it.... :-)

No, I reckon I'm onto something there - didn't the plane take a big diversion or they lost their co-ordinates, something like that?

Lt Plonker

Polar Bear in the jungle? That's a Marx Brothers gag!

Next week they stew cranberries like applesauce which end up tasting much more like prunes than rhubarb does.

Call me simple, but I'm really enjoying this! :)

terminallyrelaxed

Hypnotoad.

Episode 3 now on E4? I must admit to being kinda hooked as well....

Harfyyn Teuport

Yeah, the Bermuda Triangle is in the South Atlantic.

It runs from Miami to Bermuda to Puerto Rico.

terminallyrelaxed

Nah, I suppose it could be worse, but I bet when they find the source of the transmission someone goes 'hey I remember that...' about a plane that went missing over the north sea or something...