Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:49:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stuck up for my cat and my finances and receive a criminal record...

Started by Malcy, June 30, 2021, 12:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

If it would help - and if it wouldn't - I'm very happy to conduct a mock trial via Zoom ahead of the real thing.

Malcy

Quote from: Zetetic on August 25, 2021, 06:22:34 PM
If it would help - and if it wouldn't - I'm very happy to conduct a mock trial via Zoom ahead of the real thing.

Crown CAB? CAB Court? Judge Zetetic? Which 11(12?) members are on the jury?! Probably wouldn't be a jury. I have no idea. Never had to deal with anything like this in my life. I've probably only needed Police assistance 5 times in my life. 3 here and 2 in ROI. Every single instance they were useless as fuck.

Glebe

Icehaven

bgmnts

Quote from: Malcy on August 25, 2021, 06:27:57 PM
Crown CAB? CAB Court? Judge Zetetic? Which 11(12?) members are on the jury?! Probably wouldn't be a jury. I have no idea. Never had to deal with anything like this in my life. I've probably only needed Police assistance 5 times in my life. 3 here and 2 in ROI. Every single instance they were useless as fuck.

12 Angry, Bald, Phimotic Men.

Malcy

Quote from: gib on August 25, 2021, 08:03:51 PM
The purrfect crime.

Hahahaha, as the days gone on it's got more depressing due to several things but fuck me I roared at this. Cheers mate!

Quote from: icehaven on August 25, 2021, 07:47:49 PM
What does the summons say you're being charged with?

Breach of the peace I think although the useless cops had some bollocks name for it at the time.

There's so many issues with it. According to the papers 2 cops attended. Correct, however when I rang up to make a complaint the next day I was told only one officer was present. Nope. There is so much wrong with it it's a disgrace. I'm going to fight every part of it. The only thing that is true in the whole description is that I said they weren't fit to be cat owners. That statement was prompted by  one of the two stating that "once the cat is off her mother's property it is no longer her responsibility".

I looked up Scottish law. She's wrong.

At the end of the day I'm living in a small shithole town that I am convinced holds some sort of raffle to find out who gets the shared brain cell that week. I'll be glad when I can move and leave doing a full on Mr Bean two fingers out the window.

The whole full page and a bit statement is incredibly one sided. I was the one who rang the police, explained I felt stupid doing so due to a cat attack, was told by both call handlers I had absolutely done the right thing, told them I had gave her hell but had made it known I made a point of explaining to the owner I wasn't being threatening, but the attending cops were condescending arseholes basically. I didn't officially make my complaint but my call asking how to complain is logged and recorded.

bgmnts

Yes your honour I threw my axe at his face  and split his head open, but as soon as that axe left my property it was no longer my responsibility.

The Mollusk

Every time shit like this happens I think fuckinell, people really should be recording every heated interaction they have with people, specifically the law. Another case of full on cop intimidation and befuddlement. The casual every day thought is "nah recording that stuff is an overreaction, don't be mental" but like, you should really, shouldn't you? Your word against the word of the police is never not going to flop completely dead unless you have the pricks bang to rights. No two ways about it, pure fuckin evil.

Icehaven

Quote from: The Mollusk on August 26, 2021, 11:56:37 AM
Every time shit like this happens I think fuckinell, people really should be recording every heated interaction they have with people, specifically the law. Another case of full on cop intimidation and befuddlement. The casual every day thought is "nah recording that stuff is an overreaction, don't be mental" but like, you should really, shouldn't you? Your word against the word of the police is never not going to flop completely dead unless you have the pricks bang to rights. No two ways about it, pure fuckin evil.

And even though a lot of police wear body worn cameras now I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them to not have it switched on at the right moment or for the footage to be mysteriously lost etc. I don't know what the actual law is about how they're used but if it's anything like prison officers it's basically down to their discretion when they switch them on, which they're supposed to do in any potentially confrontational/volatile situation and have to explain why if they don't, but I don't know about the cops. 

Sebastian Cobb

Which is ridiculous because 'i was too busy trying to de-escalate in the heat of the moment' is a legitimate reason to neglect to turn a camera on but also an excellent bit of plausible deniability.

The Mollusk

Mm, and of course another way of phrasing that is "I didn't do my job of fairly upholding the law properly".

Zetetic

The Mollusk

pancreas

Zetetic. Assuming Malcy is found guilty by the chosen set of twelve phimotic men, would you have the stomach to sentence him to death as a normal judge would?

mothman

Oh, you're in Scotland? Then you're in luck. Just refer them to the Magna Carta, article 61.[nb]Bet someone has already done this joke and I missed it...[/nb]

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: Malcy on August 25, 2021, 06:20:07 PM
My neighbour was with me when her relations or whoever they were cane and gave the two of us a load of abuse. He's happy to back up my story as he has been a victim of it as well but all others affected are either cats or pensioners and I don't feel comfortable dragging them into what is basically my specific problem if that makes sense.

Maybe just ask them to write out a thing for you about it and you can take it to the court and mention it without names, and give names only if pressed to preserve their anonymity in this case where there are a lot of people living close who would just like to get along with each other?

Endicott

You won't get far with anonymous accounts, they'll just be rubbished as 'made up'. It's too late for that.

Malcy I reckon trying to take her to court yourself to teach her a lesson will be a very expensive mistake. I can see why you're angry and why you'd want to do it, but from the court's perspective this all looks like one person's word against another, and the pigs are already on her side. I think you might well lose. I hope you've found that solicitor you were looking for, and I hope they know their stuff. Good luck.

touchingcloth

Having lost in a small claims court when I was stubbornly in the right but where the other side - a builder - just lied in court and brought a barrister with them, I suspect paid for by their business insurance, I would strongly suggest thinking several times about the potential costs of a court visit and that you can definitely cover them. Besides the money I was out due to the builder's mistakes, I lost about £1,500 in lawyer and court fees.

Goldentony

keep em hostage til tuesday, cover the place in shite, put really bad oilcloth on the floor instead of decent hand cut tiles

greencalx

You definitely need a brief. If you're up against the crown they'll have someone who'll know what they're doing.

zomgmouse

Malcy

Quote from: zomgmouse on October 05, 2021, 02:55:31 AM
how did this end up going?

My court date was last week. Finding a solicitor was hopeless so pleaded guilty and attached a 4 page explanation of my side of the events that the police had ignored during their visit.

Almost a week later I still haven't heard what the outcome is! They have all my contact details but no contact. Been considering ringing up to find out but have no idea who to contact.

They definitely received my letter as I sent it special recorded delivery. 

zomgmouse

Malcy

Looks like another trip to the vet thanks to cunt cat. Had enough now. Cat lover or not I'm going to end it.

AllisonSays

Don't end the cat mate! That's my only advice. Don't end this or any cat, you'll be on the news like your one who put them in bins.

Replies From View

Quote from: TrenterPercenter on July 02, 2021, 04:23:27 PM
Can I just say my other half was bitten in the face by a friends dog who was a little shit and completely went to bite her nose off; it was really traumatic and truth be told if it wasn't for the fact she couldn't bring herself to do it due to our friend the dog would have been put down.

Just setting the record straight here; cats are arseholes but dogs are far from innocent here and of course have been responsible for deaths over the years.

Your other quarter, as she is now called.

Replies From View

Quote from: Kankurette on July 02, 2021, 08:03:44 PM
I always hated that question about a hypothetical situation where you're on the way to work and you see a dog drowning, and you're on a final warning about lateness, so you either rescue the dog and risk being late for work, or let the dog drown and keep your job. The implication being that you're supposed to go 'bugger my job, I'm saving the dog'. I wouldn't risk unemployment to save a drowning animal, and not just because I'm not a strong swimmer.

Also if you are on your final warning about lateness it's not really about the dog, is it.  It's clearly not a very motivating job and you were probably on the brink of leaving anyway.  So you would save the dog and get a new job.

Replies From View

This whole situation sucks; sorry for my glib and tone-deaf silly replies above which I posted while I was catching up with the content.

PlanktonSideburns

Shove your forced binary up your arse: Shoot dog and don't bother going to work