Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,471
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:17:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"B*lt my hat's arse!" - AMAZING things you've only just found out

Started by touchingcloth, July 01, 2021, 09:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

Didn't just find this out but I was recently reminded of it and remember it blowing my mind:

Wattles are a legume

Paul Calf

OG motherfucker Ice T's given name is Tracy Lauren Marrow.

famethrowa

Quote from: Paul Calf on September 16, 2021, 11:57:53 AM
OG motherfucker Ice T's given name is Tracy Lauren Marrow.

How about total cool dude Aloe Blacc? Egbert Nathaniel Dawkins the Third.

touchingcloth

When Berlin was divided, the underground S Bahn railway was run by the West, and the elevated S Bahn by the East. Both railways' historic routes passed into the other half of the city, so rather than rebuild trains would pass through the stations there without stopping.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 16, 2021, 11:23:06 PM
When Berlin was divided, the underground S Bahn railway was run by the West, and the elevated S Bahn by the East. Both railways' historic routes passed into the other half of the city, so rather than rebuild trains would pass through the stations there without stopping.

This is actually genius imo on the grounds of "simple is better than complex" and "There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it.".

Famous Mortimer

Best Friends Animal Society, who do lots of good work in the USA running shelters and all that, are "reorganised" from the Process Church Of The Final Judgement, who were a Scientology splinter group, used lots of Satanic imagery and had links (allegedly) with Charles Manson and his clan.

It's like discovering that Oxfam used to be the Church of Thelema, or something.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on September 17, 2021, 05:48:31 PM
Best Friends Animal Society, who do lots of good work in the USA running shelters and all that, are "reorganised" from the Process Church Of The Final Judgement, who were a Scientology splinter group, used lots of Satanic imagery and had links (allegedly) with Charles Manson and his clan.

It's like discovering that Oxfam used to be the Church of Thelema, or something.

Blimey - Process Church Of The Final Judgement shit is quoted on some early Funkadelic albums too

kalowski

Quote from: SpiderChrist on September 18, 2021, 07:55:39 AM
Blimey - Process Church Of The Final Judgement shit is quoted on some early Funkadelic albums too
I don't think George Clinton was/is a scientologist, just a wonderfully crazy drug added loon.

popcorn

One of these guys from Joker...

...was Angelo in Mike and Angelo.

gilbertharding

If only he'd had better foresight, Noel Coward would have written 'Don't Put Your Great-grandson on the Stage Mrs Worthington', because one of those unborn children would turn out to be: Laurence Fox.

popcorn

Quote from: phantom_power on September 22, 2021, 10:30:29 AM
Mike

yes. what an embarrassing mistake. I had just downloaded an entire podcast with an interview with the guy who played Angelo and everything.

Dusty Substance

Hollywood icon Mae West, who pretty much invented sassyness as we know it, was an ancient 39 when she appeared in her first film in 1932, and then went onto appear in just 11 more films in which got top billing for each one AND wrote each one.

Considering how famous she was and the impact she made, that's an incredible filmography.

Also, she covered Light My Fire when she was 79: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGNOwCzpq3E

Mr Banlon

Pseudopath

Quote from: Mr Banlon on September 27, 2021, 07:20:38 AM
Did not know Paul Simon had an identical twin brother.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN2sWrr6l80

The most-amazing thing is he's not even his twin - Eddie is four years younger than Paul.

studpuppet

Quote from: Dusty Substance on September 22, 2021, 03:45:09 PM
Hollywood icon Mae West, who pretty much invented sassiness as we know it, was an ancient 39 when she appeared in her first film in 1932, and then went onto appear in just 11 more films in which got top billing for each one AND wrote each one.

Considering how famous she was and the impact she made, that's an incredible filmography.

Everything about her last film, Sextette (made when she was 84) is just plain bonkers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8olJ3l3Nv6A

dissolute ocelot

This is a pink fairy armadillo, not a guinea pig somebody's  dressed in a silly costume:

Cerys

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: studpuppet on September 27, 2021, 02:34:15 PM
Everything about her last film, Sextette (made when she was 84) is just plain bonkers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8olJ3l3Nv6A

There is no place on that video you can scroll to where some stupid shit isn't happening

NoSleep

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on October 06, 2021, 08:58:12 PM
This is a pink fairy armadillo, not a guinea pig somebody's  dressed in a silly costume:

Life imitating Final Fantasy. I wonder what loot it drops?

MojoJojo

There's some pretty strong evidence that Thalidomide was first developed by Nazi doctors experimenting on concentration camp victims.

weaseldust

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on October 06, 2021, 08:58:12 PM

i love this creature thank you for posting it

i like its big gloves

touchingcloth

A cheeky attempt to patent a staple crop almost seems quaint compared with the way are princes carry on with all that noncing around the globe selling arms to despots.

beanheadmcginty

The Sopranos was originally going to be called Family Guy until the cartoon beat them to it.

Cold Meat Platter

And coincidentally The Godfather was going to be called The Simpsons.

Dex Sawash

Saw an armadillo in South Carolina this weekend and apparently they have spread to North Carolina too. They love to eat fire ants (invasive species) and will "decimate an ant colony" which seems an oddly precise behavior.

Paul Calf

Norton Canes

The 'Later...' in 'Later... with Jools Holland' is there because originally the show was an extended version of BBC2's arts programme The Late Show.