Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:46:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mark E Smith's old house up for sale

Started by the science eel, July 02, 2021, 02:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the science eel

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/109703012#/

Although it says the property has been removed, you can still see the photos if you click on them. There are books the man himself left behind (he hadn't been living there for a while - hence the dilapidated state).

There's a bit of a fuss on some social media, fans saying 'they should leave it as a shrine', that kind of nonsense.

Little bit in the Bury Times, too

https://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/19411938.fans-sadness-falls-mark-e-smiths-prestwich-home-put-sale/

sevendaughters

shagatha crustie

Whoever moves into that place is braver than me.

PlanktonSideburns

Bit weird stalking dead man's house. Marvelling at disrepair

But also

What are those things in the bath?

non capisco

And there was me thinking Mark E Smith's house would be all neat and tidy!

Never would have expected him to have a SMEG fridge, though.

seepage

900 Mb/s broadband. Woah, I'm there baby.

gilbertharding

Quote from: non capisco on July 02, 2021, 04:37:21 PM
And there was me thinking Mark E Smith's house would be all neat and tidy!

Never would have expected him to have a SMEG fridge, though.

Spa bath too. Picture him unwinding in the suds after a hard day's scowling and barking.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: gilbertharding on July 02, 2021, 05:29:41 PM
Spa bath too. Picture him unwinding in the suds after a hard day's scowling and barking.

AAAH that's what it is

gilbertharding

*returns breathless to thread*

I'll tell you what - whoever buys it will need to have it totally rewired.

PlanktonSideburns

Rented worse in Cardiff, at least there's no signs of damp

gilbertharding

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on July 02, 2021, 05:59:36 PM
Rented worse in Cardiff, at least there's no signs of damp

The wallpaper bubbling in the stairwell and the plaster down from the ceiling doesn't bode well.

This book is visible in one picture:

From goodreads:
By January 1945, Upper Silesia had become Germany's key industrial region, with its coal mines, blast furnaces, arms factories and hydrogenation plants. Not surprisingly, when the Soviets launched a series of powerful offensives aimed at capturing the region, the German defence was bitter, bordering on the suicidal. Soviet reactions were brutal, the Red Army committing widespread atrocities, which have received little coverage until now. In this readable and fast-paced translation from the German edition, the author presents a penetrating description of the events which occurred in Silesia during the first five months of 1945 - from the massive Soviet offensive on 12th January, through to the final German defensive actions around Ratibor five months later.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: gilbertharding on July 02, 2021, 06:01:37 PM
The wallpaper bubbling in the stairwell and the plaster down from the ceiling doesn't bode well.

No mildew tho unless they've scrubbed

Video Game Fan 2000

Jockice

His old house. You should see his old house.

non capisco

Quote from: Jockice on July 02, 2021, 11:10:33 PM
His old house. You should see his old house.

It is the same house he sings about in that song, isn't it? Onetime CaBber 23 Daves mentioned on Twitter this week that the walls are the exact same colour as when he was photographed in it in the NME in 1985.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: gilbertharding on July 02, 2021, 06:01:37 PM

That's condensed nicotine.

kalowski

I've always wanted to move into a drunk's house.

idunnosomename

the stain on that mattress chrissake. i suppose some nutter would buy that. but why include it in the listing

imitationleather

non capisco

Let's be fair, we've seen worse on here, he didn't draw all goblins and erect knobs on the walls and leave a load of rotting fish and his own smeared tod everywhere.

Here, CaB....if he'd have drawn the goblins people would probably have thought it was a self portrait!!!!!

Twonty Gostelow

easytarget

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

kalowski

Jockice

Quote from: non capisco on July 02, 2021, 11:15:43 PM
It is the same house he sings about in that song, isn't it? Onetime CaBber 23 Daves mentioned on Twitter this week that the walls are the exact same colour as when he was photographed in it in the NME in 1985.

Ooh, cheers. I get emails from 23 Daves about obscure singles but never thought of looking him up on Twitter. I have now though.

Sounds like Mark E had exactly the same opinion of house decoration as I have. I don't understand the entire concept.

Cuntbeaks