Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:03:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Music in films, that isn't made for the film, but makes you think of the film.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, July 02, 2021, 09:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Blumf on July 03, 2021, 02:37:25 PM
Creedence Clearwater Revival's Fortunate Son => Every Vietnam war film and TV program ever

Beastie Boys - Sabotage has "non specific war montage" all over it as well.

Mr Banlon

Werewolves of London and Color of Money.
The Wanderer and The Wanderers

Sebastian Cobb

Nowhere to Run to.

Actually that might be an exception as they made a version for the film. Failing on me own terms here.

mothman

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on July 03, 2021, 12:19:21 AM
Pixies. Fight club.

But also - now - The Leftovers (albeit TV).

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on July 02, 2021, 11:41:12 PM
Starálfur by Sigur Rós from The Life Aquatic.

And Njósnavélin and Ágætis Byrjun from Vanilla Sky.

greenman

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on July 03, 2021, 01:02:59 AM
Those songs were written for the films. Huey Lewis and American Psycho on the other hand...

Kingsmen using Give It Up in a similar fashion, playing on the inherent yuppie sociopathy of the original, it is music to murder to.

Mr Banlon

Absorb the anus burn

Blumf

Sebastian Cobb

The Vanishing Point soundtrack is a soundtrack I don't own but would rather like. I don't own many soundtrack lp's and don't go out of my way to get them but am slowly accidentally forming a corner in my record collection.

EOLAN

Any Roy Orbison song with David Lynch films. Well except the most famous one that is linked to a Garry Marshall film.

touchingcloth

Gulftastic

C & C Music Factory's 'Gonna Make You Sweat' takes me right to the steel mill in Homer's Phobia.

We work hard, we play hard.

beanheadmcginty

phantom_power

Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go is forever linked in my mind now with supermodels having a petrol fight

mothman

Battle Without Honour Or Humanity predates Kill Bill pt. 1 I believe, but then it itself has almost become this track better know for being played at sporting events (and ironically in subsequent films and TV).

Brundle-Fly

mothman

It's true, when Family Guy did that sketch, I remember thinking that I'd not actually heard it in many Vietnam films at all...

Blumf

Wonder how it became a 'fact'. Did one of the war documentaries use it?

Disc_4

Singing in the rain - A clockwork orange
Goodbye Horses - silence of the lambs
Bohemian Rhapsody - Wayne's world
Stuck in the middle with you - Reservoir Dogs
The End - Apocalypse Now

Sorry if any of these have been said already...

Dex Sawash

I've seen the last few minutes of Cruel Intentions a few times on TV, Bittersweet Symphony makes me think of that shitty movie.

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on July 04, 2021, 07:11:48 PM
Apparently, a bit of a myth.

https://www.cracked.com/article_30485_5-tired-movie-tv-tropes-that-dont-really-exist.html

I had it in my head that Time of the Season by Zombies was always used in Vietnam films, but looking into it I can't actually find anything that used it other than a Nam flashback in an early episode of South Park.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on July 05, 2021, 08:15:22 AM
I had it in my head that Time of the Season by Zombies was always used in Vietnam films, but looking into it I can't actually find anything that used it other than a Nam flashback in an early episode of South Park.

Talking of seasons, Season Of The Witch by Donavon is used a helluva lot in thrillers.

studpuppet

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on July 04, 2021, 10:57:10 AM
Ride of the Valkyries in Apocalypse Now

Quote from: Disc_4 on July 05, 2021, 02:30:44 AM
The End - Apocalypse Now

Of course it's The End - Ride Of the Valkyries makes me think of, well, Wagner really. Whereas The End makes me think of The opening and closing of Apocalypse Now, rather than The Doors.

BRen

Kavinsky - Nightcall and College & Electric Youth - A Real Hero are inextricably linked to Drive and always will be for me.

phantom_power

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on July 05, 2021, 01:42:14 PM
Talking of seasons, Season Of The Witch by Donavon is used a helluva lot in thrillers.

Hurdy Gurdy Man is used to chilling effect in Zodiac