Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:46:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jeff Bezos vs Richard Branson: Balloon Wars Redux IN SPACE

Started by Blue Jam, July 02, 2021, 11:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lipsink

How come the dudes on the right and left in that picture don't have the gold bit on their costumes? Space is confusing.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Gulftastic on July 11, 2021, 02:34:21 PM
I'd only pay if I was certain I could have a wank in space.

I wonder if anyone's done that or they're all too scared of getting space-jizz in the instruments.

idunnosomename

i bet people are pretty much perpetually wanking on the ISS. probably one of the highest concentrations of wanking people there is

lipsink

I think it's the only reason people ever wanted to go into space to begin with.

Blumf

Quote from: lipsink on July 11, 2021, 03:32:17 PM
How come the dudes on the right and left in that picture don't have the gold bit on their costumes? Space is confusing.

Space proles, in space.

idunnosomename

when does the space launch actually happen. im not sitting through all this shit not to see him die. i could be having a wank

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Blumf on July 11, 2021, 03:50:07 PM
Space proles, in space.

Obviously Branson is Kevin, but which one of the ladies is Liz?

Captain Z

This is unbearable, at least Elton just gets on with it. What time will I be able to see Geoff Benzos hurtling across the sky in a fireball?

Sebastian Cobb

Surely it would be more efficient to load all of these billionaire manchildren into one craft and fire it at the sun?

Blumf

Don't mention SpaceX doing it better, and for fucks sake, don't mention the death.

steve98

I don't want Branson and his crew blown to bits (That space-craft looks awf'lly fragile to me), but if it's gonna happen I want to be able to say I saw it live... Clive.

Branson himself looks amazing, hard to believe he's 89.

Anyone know yet who Bezos' passenger's gonna be? I did consider for a minute that it might be Trump, but... naah.

Alberon

Branson's not even going to the internationally accepted edge of space at 100 kilometres (about 62 miles) instead he's going to the lower US definition of 50 miles.

I'm watching the NASASpaceflight YouTube channel which is currently showing an internet flight tracking program showing the plane circling and gaining altitude. Still far better than all the corporate bullshit over on Branson's official channel.

Blumf

Woooooow! An exclusive ponced up Range Rover is available to buy, if you buy a ticket.

The utter lack of imagination!!

Sebastian Cobb

I want Alan Sugar to get involved in some 2nd rate craft that tries to look the part with some "mugs eyefull" flashing lights but just falls apart before it gets there.

Blue Jam

Captain Z

"When I was a kid I always imagined space was only accessible to a select few. And now, no matter your colour, your culture, your nationality, as long as you have several million dollars and are extremely photogenic, you too can travel beyond the Earth."

Blue Jam

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 11, 2021, 03:35:11 PM
i bet people are pretty much perpetually wanking on the ISS. probably one of the highest concentrations of wanking people there is

I bet it's like the London Olympic Village, where as soon as all the athletes moved in Grindr crashed.

steve98

Blue Jam

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 11, 2021, 04:16:48 PM
I want Alan Sugar to get involved in some 2nd rate craft that tries to look the part with some "mugs eyefull" flashing lights but just falls apart before it gets there.

Would be funny if he launched a rocket, but instead of putting his own electric car in there like Elon Musk did he sent an em@iler phone into space.

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Oh, the booster stage has been ejected.

That was pretty cool to be fair.

Rizla

Fuck is this shit. That's not space you eggy tax dodging cunt.

Blue Jam

...so this is the bit where they're weightless, and the camera feed from inside the cabin cuts out?

Yep, they're definitely having a sub-orbital space orgy up in there.

batwings

"Space is now Virgin territory" - an actual human person just said this.

Blue Jam

The feed just cut to Richard Branson floating about, but all pixellated.

Hahahaha the space tourist's holiday snaps are all buggered

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Blue Jam

Liking the New Mexico connection. Some people will do anything to catch a few Better Call Saul spoilers. I bet Beardy will be back on in a bit to tell us he just saw them filming Kim's death scene, the bastard.