Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:03:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Life (and death) as a freezer geezer.

Started by Munday's Chylde, February 29, 2004, 06:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Cute title eh?

I've mentioned this before on here but I fancy hearing some more thoughts on the matter... What do you think of cryogenics as a life preserving option?

Here's a place that performs it (for a big fee) http://www.alcor.org/index.html

Con? Fantasy? Would you fancy getting 'Commander Powelled'? To be honest I think if I could afford it I'd give it a shot, sort of like instant time travel if it pays off and if it doesn't - well what have you lost? You've cheated your kids out of a decent inheritance but you aren't going to be around to feel all guilty about it.

The whole thing is based on a lot of guessing though isn't it? Read their faq's - they assume the technology will one day be available to restart dead bodies, they also assume that freezing damage caused to the veins wont matter because by then we'll havy tiny nanobots to fix them. I dont think they address the matter of whether your memories remain safely stored after death or not, that would be a bummer if they didnt.

Best of all if you cant afford a whole body freeze you can do just your head at a bargain 'cut off' price! Though with a body as good as mine I think i'd have to fork out that little bit extra.

gazzyk1ns

There's something strange about asking a load of modern(ish) British comedy fans on the internet about the merits and pitfalls of cryogenic body preservation.

Vermschneid Mehearties

Well didn't we have a topic a week or so ago about that crackarsed religion nutfuck?

gazzyk1ns

I don't think International Scotsman has been mentioned here in ages.

butnut

It does seem to be a last desperate attempt at gaining some kind of immortality.What on earth would it be like to be 'brought back'? Is there anyway it could be 'you'?

This raises too many head-splitting questions before dinner. So I'm off to eat.